Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

i need some help with pe twin turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 08:14 AM
v35
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need some help with pe twin turbo

Finally, after couple months of deciding which turbo kits to get, i have pe twin turbo kit on my way. (I was lucky to get cast iron menifold at no extra charge). One thing that bugs me is that PE kit does not come with any kind of engine management system, so I have to decide which management kit i should go with. PE prefers to get my ECU reflashed by Technosquare inc, but i was wondering if i could go with AEM EMS(universal). I am planning to run stock boost 5 to 6 psi. which methood should i go with?

Old 05-09-2005, 06:59 PM
you can go with the AEM EMS if it where already on the market.....it is still under development for our cars. If money is no issue, which is you are asking about AEM EMS, I don't think it is then you can go with the HKS V PRO. The only thing about this stand alone is that only a authorized HKS site can tune it so make sure you have one near you.

The HKS F-CON V Pro is a fully featured standalone engine management system that connects as easily as a "piggy-back" fuel and timing controller. As modifications to a vehicle are made, the need for fuel and timing adjustments becomes critical for performance and safety. The F-CON V Pro with its 32x32 resolution for both fuel and timing maps is the optimal solution. The F-CON V Pro can control up to eight injectors and D Jetro or L Jetro setups. --- Injectors can be set to fire as batch, sequentially or staged. The F-CON V Pro can also read drive by wire vehicles. Programming is done via the HKS Power Writer software; which only Certified HKS Pro Dealers have access to. The HKS Power Writer software for the F-CON V Pro has some very unique abilities to simplify setup and tuning. Via the vehicle start up menus most Japanese import cars can be easily started by selecting the vehicle’s parameters (Make, Model, Engine and etc). Tuning is simplified due to the A/F Feedback control; where a target A/F value can be input and the F-CON V Pro will adjust fuel automatically. Also full data logging capabilities are built into the F-Con V Pro Power Writer software. All major vehicle conditions including; speed, rpm, water temperature, intake temperature, timing, boost, injector duty cycle and etc can be logged to an HKS Pro Dealer’s computer.

HKS Has plug and play harnesses for almost every Japanese Import. You have to purchase the O2 sensor, MAP sensor, IAT sensor and harness for your application seperately. Call us with any questions you may have for your application or for more information on the VPRO itself. This system will run anything you need but, can ONLY be tuned by HKS PRO Dealers....

Old 05-09-2005, 08:57 PM
also PM 'GurgenPB' he should know PE kit inside out by now.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by v35
Finally, after couple months of deciding which turbo kits to get, i have pe twin turbo kit on my way. (I was lucky to get cast iron menifold at no extra charge). One thing that bugs me is that PE kit does not come with any kind of engine management system, so I have to decide which management kit i should go with. PE prefers to get my ECU reflashed by Technosquare inc, but i was wondering if i could go with AEM EMS(universal). I am planning to run stock boost 5 to 6 psi. which methood should i go with?
If you're planning on running 5-6psi why not just get a fuel computer like the apexi afc and just run a little rich.....IMO if you're not planing on rasing the boost in the near future I would not spend the money on EMS

I think your best choice is get your ECU reflashed and then fine tune it with the Apexi AFC