Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbonetics: Great write-up! Can you fill us in on more details on your G? Is it the single or twin setup? etc.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by k@m NYC
Turbonetics: Great write-up! Can you fill us in on more details on your G? Is it the single or twin setup? etc.

turbonetics is only offering a single set up for the Z and G.

Old 07-28-2005, 08:31 PM
I knew that... just wasnt thinking right

Old 07-31-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Turbonetics
I have been driving my Turbonetics turbocharged G for a few weeks now just trying to put some miles on it and see if we need to work out any bugs…so far so good. It idles just like stock, no squeaks, no raddles, no odd noises or smells it sounds and feels exactly like stock…until…you hammer it…then she comes alive…you feel and hear the boost coming on, you here the blow off valve as you up quickly up-shift and as you decelerate it’s one heck of a rush…

For those of you worried about power numbers allow me to elaborate…first, we have guys running 420 RWHP from the system as we ship it but with a higher boost setting but don’t expect to keep a stock bottom end in the motor for very long at these levels. It has nothing to do with the turbo system or even the tune at this point but the fact that you are exceeding the parameters of what the stock components can handle.

As a manufacturer we didn’t want to put a product on the market that only focused on giant power numbers and last you only a few month or less before you grenade the motor. Our goals were to provide the market with a system that you can safely bolt on and drive without reliability issues. A system that could be installed in 10 hours time and you could open your hood and show off your investment. A system that we could stand behind with our one year no fault no hassle warranty program. A system that if you wanted to play with it you could, you could turn up the boost, you can put a larger turbo on it and you can play with engine management however those all effect the reliability.

Well put....