Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

I called ProCharger and Spoke to them about sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called ProCharger and Spoke to them about sedan

Heres the deal they have plans to create one for the sedan but they are having issues because the engine in the sedan is not mounted the same as the 350/coupe. Basically the g35engine is transversally mounted or some crap like that acording to this lady and that causes problems mounting the charger in our limited space. Basically they said that they do not know if the kit would be made for the sedan, but she thought there was a good chance it would be. This sucks for me because i want to hook up my car and no one is showing sedan guys anything worth looking at...Anyway the charger would make as much as the 350... i think im just gunna have to wait for a TT kit... this is depressing

Old 06-25-2003, 12:42 PM
Re: I called ProCharger and Spoke to them about sedan

darn coupe.. ruining everything for the sedan....

something will come out... soon, i hope..

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 06-25-2003, 01:54 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

i could have sworn that the sedan's engine was mounted the same as the coupe's.....its the same platform as the coupe...FM platform, call them again and tell them that, maybe you can assist them in R&D and get a discount!

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow

Old 06-25-2003, 01:56 PM

Dabearz, you might want to try a different source at ProCharger. I think whoever you spoke to might be getting the G mixed up with the Maxima (or something else). It's usually the FWD cars that have motors mounted transversally (I think Audi may have been an exception). The sedan and coupe have their motors mounted in the same direction - front to back not side to side.
I'm not saying they aren't having problems, but it shouldn't be from that. Please keep us posted because there are several sedan owners interested in supercharging their cars!

Drive safe, have fun, kick butt when necessary
<font color=green>'03 Emerald Mist</font color=green>
Premium/Sport/Xenon

Old 06-25-2003, 02:14 PM

Tre i think you are right. The lady studdered when she said it, and my head told me that odds are she was confuesed. I thought about this after i posted, Transverally mounted is another word for horizontally mounted. The altima is mounted horizontally or "side ways" because it is front wheel drive. Our car is definately not mounted as such, just from plane sight one can derive that the engine is vertically mounted. Later today i placed a call to stillen and my sales rep who is a very knowledgable guy let me in on some things. Pro charger is considering doing more work on the charger. It is unsafe for the engine and the company gives no garuntee that the charger wont pop ur engine or severly F-up ur tranny. Stillen however insures your motor incase it blows, and uses less boost which i believe is around 5, ati is at 7 or 9 or something like that. My rep phill also told me that kits will be available after the sedan chargers release that increase the HP to around 400. Basically in one month stillen will release it. Stillen may not be the the most bad *** of the two but it is safer, and will undoubtably give u a kick in the pants when u lay on the throttle. Steve millen knows nissan so i tend to trust him.

IN other very good news he also said the headers will be out in a month in a hald to 2 months

Old 06-25-2003, 02:38 PM
IQ9

The layout of the 350Z,G35 coupe & sedan are identical. The only difference is that the motor in the sedan sits slightly higher in the engine bay. That lady needs to go to front midship school. Front hookers are transversely mounted as stated earlier. Last someone posted was that Procharger was working on a coupe kit due out very soon and the sedan was not to far behind but they were having mounting issues due to some differences in hardlines and attachement points on the sedan.

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Prem/Winter/Aero/Tint/Rims
69 Chevelle Hard Top BB/4.11's/Posi

Old 06-25-2003, 02:47 PM

I'm real confused!

I've inspected my Sedan's mechanical layout in detail, including the drive train, engine bay, transmission, exhaust system, suspension and steering.

I've done essentially the same thing with the Coupe.

To me the Sedan and Coupe's basic drive train layout and engine bays are identical... or so close it hurts.

The major differences between the two appears to be the ECU programing, as well as the Sedan's mechanical radiator fan, spare tire well, exhaust system's large resonator midpipe, muffler location and maybe the fuel vapor canister's location.

What am I missing?

If Procharger is confusing the G35 Sedan with the Maxima or other Nissan front wheel drive platform... well, that's not a confidence builder to say the least!