Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Not happy with Scotts Performance, long rant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont think any of you have considered that maybe it was an honest miscommunication. i've been going to scott performance for several years and have always had up front pricing from greg scott and ted. i called z car and found out that they are not an aps dealer, dont have these new cams, and cant tune anything because they have no dyno. give ted a break..if you ever talk to him you'll find out fast how knowledgable he is and how much experience he has in making a fast car.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Boy what a coinkydink.....there sure are a bunch of newbies with a join date month of September (probably today) that are posting on this thread.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:46 AM
Never enough
Originally Posted by Gzi11a
i dont think any of you have considered that maybe it was an honest miscommunication. i've been going to scott performance for several years and have always had up front pricing from greg scott and ted. i called z car and found out that they are not an aps dealer, dont have these new cams, and cant tune anything because they have no dyno. give ted a break..if you ever talk to him you'll find out fast how knowledgable he is and how much experience he has in making a fast car.
Up front pricing? Call em up and tell them you want a APS install. After you get the price tell them you have X $$ and see what he says. Prices seem to change all the time. As for Z car not having a dyno. They cut ground today You dont know how happy this makes me. You want me to give Ted a break? Why should I? Maybe you should reread my first post. I guess this day in age someones word means nothing. Im learing!

Old 09-22-2005, 01:41 AM
jesus... could they make it any more obvious? The sad part is going to be how they now stand behind their install and product. I doubt they will deal with g352nv after all this bashing.

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Boy what a coinkydink.....there sure are a bunch of newbies with a join date month of September (probably today) that are posting on this thread.

Old 09-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Never enough
Originally Posted by drives4fun
Sorry to hear about your experience. I took my car to Ted and had his specially designed cams put in for $1500. And then I paid extra for tuning. I had the JWT cams and pulled them out to put in the ones that Ted designed. He guarenteed me 470 RWHP and after he put it on his load based dyno, he showed me that I had 469 and it was a 100 degree day. I suspect there was some type of miscommunication. I have had nothing but positive experience with Ted and his cams way outperform the JWT cams. (1000rpm earlier boost) Cams and dyno tuning for $1500 and 469RWHP sounds like a smokin deal to me. You may want to give Ted a chance to tune your car. You won't be sorry. I don't think Z Car Garage even has a dyno or the software to tune APS kits. May be worth giving Ted another chance.
I have a question for you. You say the boost came on 1000rpm earlier? So your telling me that boost starts @ 1000 rpm? Because with the TT it comes on @ about 2k with no cams.

Old 09-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by drives4fun
I don't think Z Car Garage even has a dyno or the software to tune APS kits. May be worth giving Ted another chance.
Z Car Garage broke ground for a Dyno this week. i hear they want to be operational by end of this month.

Old 10-02-2005, 02:33 AM
I had the same bad feeling about Ted when started talking about installation prices.Listen to this I asked how much its would cost to install his custom cams into my hes started explanning about how long it will take and all that other stuff, then gave me a price about
2500 dollars im like okay just for the heck of it like I am really gonna spend 2500 for cams
when i save an extra 2500 for an ati procharger. Then I asked my cousin how much he was gonna sell the cams installed guess what around 1700. I mean yeah its alot but Ted doesnt seem like a person you can trust when it comes to pricing.

Old 10-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sucks to hear about the mishap in price. You live and you learn I suppose. Hope it all still works out for ya though. Wonder what kind of numbers you are gonna end up putting down.