Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

MRC will be selling these Twin Turbo kits now..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MRC will be selling these Twin Turbo kits now..

These Twin Turbo kits seem to be for the SERIOUS performance enthusiast!!

350Z/G35 twin turbo system
The 350Z and G35 is definitely a well rounded sports car.They have the looks that make people turn their heads.The handling of these cars is great and the power is adequate. However, we felt the the performance hungry enthusiast might find the performance a bit anemic.For most people, this is not enough so we developed the Speed Force Racing twin-turbo system.Now you can have a dyno proven 476 horsepower at the wheels out of your 350Z/G35. Imagine 571 horsepower at the crank? This is enough wheel spinning power to leave pretty much anything in the dust.The amazing part is that it only requires 10.4 psi of boost to do it! At 9.4 psi you can expect 456 horsepower at the wheels. At 8.5 psi your car will spin the rollers to the tune of 439 horsepower.The Speed Force Racing twin-turbocharger system does not require any internal engine mods.The only thing that is required is a competent mechanic and a tankful of 91 octane pump gas to unleash the beast.How can we make more power then the rest? It is easy.We focused on efficiency.This means we can make more power with less boost which ultimately leads to a longer life span of your motor.

The Speed Force Racing twin turbo system for the G35/350Z includes the following parts: two T-3/T4 60-1 hi-fi turbos,oil feed and return lines,304SS headers with merge collectors,two 38mm Tial or Turbonetics Evolution wastegates,two 304SS downpipes,Spearco intercooler(the G35 gets two),Mocal scavenge pump,aluminum oil sump,hoses and fittings,aluminum intake and intercooler piping,silicone hoses,stainless steel hose clamps, HKS Sequential blow-off valve (Godzilla blow-off is an option),two K&N airfilters,Split Second FTC engine management system (which comes pre-tuned), 440cc injectors,Walboro 255 fuel pump and all hardware and instructions needed for a professional install.

A few of the unique features of the Speed Force Racing twin-turbcharger system includes, a blow through mass-air sensor set-up.The air metering is much more accurate this way.We incorporated the sensor into the intake pipe so there is less clutter and more style.Another benefit of doing it this way is the fact that we can use a real blow-off valve that vents to atmosphere.

For the G35 we included twin Spearco intercoolers.On the 350Z we elected to use one big front mount Spearco intercooler which fills in the front of your bumperThis way the system could be used with the stock front bumper cover on the Z and G.There are no modifications required to the aluminum support structure like other kits. You can see that we are concerned with optimal airflow.This increases efficiency.Increased efficiency means increased performance without more wear and tear.

Another benefit of our turbocharger system is the headers.We use specially designed 304 stainless steel equal length exhaust manifolds (321SS is an option).This improves the overall power and torque.We also mounted the turbos down low to alleviate problems associated with the heat generated by these two turbochargers.The other turbo systems on the market utilize log style manifolds and mount the turbochrgers high in the engine compartment which means that vital components are subjected to a tremendous amount of heat which will lead to premature failure.Why would anyone want to take a chance like this?

We utilized two T-3/T4 60-1 hi-fi turbochargers that are good for 1000+ horsepower at the wheels.The twin Tial 38mm wastegates can be dumped to atmosphere or routed back into the downpipes.

Big power and a flat torque curve is what you get when you purchase the Speed Force Racing twin-turbo system for the 350Z ad G35.We gained a peak of 252 horsepower at the wheels and the peak torque increased by 209 ft/lbs on a completely stock motor! This is over a 100% increase in power output.For the diehards that plan on building thier motors,swapping cams and going to return style fuel systems, this is the twin-turbo system for you.With the ability to make in excess of 1000WHP their is nothing on the market that can compare.

The retail price on the lit is:
$7795 for the complete kit
$6795 for the tuner package without the fuel system and ECM...
This kit appears to be engineered for the SERIOUS hp buff and is capable of 1100hp as it sits on a built motor,unlike any TT kit on the market where they need to upgrade turbos to reach their advertised HP levels. The turbos are not ball bearing type but can be upgraded to them.The nice thing about this kit is it give the end customer to option UP or option DOWN on certain parts of the kit such as the turbo internals and the materials used in the piping.
For more info:
http://www.speedforceracing.com/productsin...g35turbokit.php
Please let me know of any questions or concearns your input is valued

Old 11-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Seems like a great kit. But like many others aren't we concerned about the 472whp on stock internals? This subject has been long debated I know but I know they did it on there Z. Anyone know how long they have been running?

Old 11-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Let me add though. There low psi numbers are impressive.

Old 11-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by skylineg35tt
Seems like a great kit. But like many others aren't we concerned about the 472whp on stock internals? This subject has been long debated I know but I know they did it on there Z. Anyone know how long they have been running?
I believe thier kit is more tailored to the serious enthusiast who wants to build up his motor and go insane.However at the low boost levels with proper tuning and avoiding detonation,a stock motor should be fine for a while.We have been running one of our shop cars for over 20,000 miles boosting over 9psi and running mid 11's day and night,and have had no issues to date. The car was beat to **** since day one and was outfitted with a TT set up at 60,000 daily drivien miles And is over 80,000 miles at this point with no engine issues!!So reliability is all in the tune and maintainance IMO. This kit at 8.5 psi is only at its lower end of potential and has very efficient turbos.The turbos can also be upgraded or downgraded as per the customers needs,which is nice.

Old 11-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I love the twin intercoolers - it's why I was waiting for the JWT.

I presume all of those horsepower #'s are with upgraded exhaust systems.

What can we expect with stock exhaust and cats? Will it pass emissions testing?

I don't want to rebuild the engine and I have a 5AT, so what's the optimal set up in this situation? Will it fit on a 5AT?

I presume their VB upgrade is required? And probably TC upgrade also given the increased torque.

I'd like to know if the turbos are water cooled? Anyone want to chime in regarding risk of getting non-ball bearing turbos?

I'd also like to know what the difficulty of the install is. Does it require removal of the engine? (to get the new headers on?) Any link to an installation manual?

Sorry for all the questions - just really interested!

Thanks!

Old 11-10-2005, 04:48 PM
do you guys do installation as well or only selling a kit.
like you said earlier about how it has to be done professionally, i wondered
if you do installation, how much plus 7795 dollars?

Old 11-11-2005, 12:13 AM
Do you have to pay extra for the metal filings that can get sucked into your engine?

Hard to tell from the pic, but I hope that's exhaust side...

Old 11-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by trebien
Do you have to pay extra for the metal filings that can get sucked into your engine?

WA? isn't that the dump tube?? how could anything be sucked up there? it's pushing out not in..

Old 11-11-2005, 05:26 AM

Nope,those are free!! Actually that is an 'optional" wasegate dump tube.You can opt to have it dump to atmosphere,which would sound bad azz,or you could rout it back into the downpipe.

Old 11-12-2005, 01:58 AM

This was the picture from the prototype kit two years ago.It was just mocked up on the engine.That was on the dumptube.You can have those wastegate dumps routed back into the downpipes.

The motor stays in the car for the install.

The install itself is relatively easy since you dont have to deal with log manifolds and turbos with internal wastegates.

It fits on auto tranny cars.

Old 01-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
does this kit fit on the 05 g35 6mts and what ems would you reccomend for this kit?

Old 01-31-2006, 02:22 AM
So you guys don't even include a downpipe that incorporates a wastegate dump?

Old 01-31-2006, 03:36 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
that looks badass. it makes me want to sell my S13 driftcar to work on the G35 and make it a freakin monster of a car! actually, i think i'd rather have a 200mph S13 built for silverstone. can you guys build cages? i mean "real" cages!

Old 01-31-2006, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by VQdriver
that looks badass. it makes me want to sell my S13 driftcar to work on the G35 and make it a freakin monster of a car! actually, i think i'd rather have a 200mph S13 built for silverstone. can you guys build cages? i mean "real" cages!
We got a guy loca to us that we use, he builds cages certified for 6 second NHRA cars, is that "REAL" enough?

Old 01-31-2006, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by MechEE
So you guys don't even include a downpipe that incorporates a wastegate dump?
As Tim said , 2 posts above yours,it can be dumped to atmosphere or they can route it back into the turbo downpipe..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MRC will be selling these Twin Turbo kits now..