Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbonetics question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbonetics question...

okay, i was on the freeway, boostin' normally. I decided to slow down so i left off the gas. while coasting down in 6th gear, i hear a few clanks...as if something popped off, and then a loud exhaust growl. So i knew one of the exhaust pipes popped off. took it to the shop and they told me that its such a tight fit, that one of the pipes is touching the chasis. they put the clamp and pipe back on and everything ran smoothly. i notice now there is a slight rattle. i tried to find where it came from. I noticed that its where the exhaust pipe "downpipe 1" (P/N 21185) meets "downpipe2" (P/N 21186). I guess its the V clamp that sittin right against the chasis which causes the rattle and I feel that popped off earlier on the freeway. okay, my question is, would there be a way to loosen that clamp and turn it so fat part of the v clamp isn't facing the chassis? currently, it looks as though the fat part of the v clamp is touching the chasis, but if i were to turn it, i think there would be enough clearance so under hard acceleration or shifting, the pipes won't touch the chassis. how would i go about approaching it? from underneath or up atop under the hood? sorrry, not really mechanically inclined. does anyone else have this problem? would my car being low (& scraping pipes over speed bumps) affect this problem also?

Old 02-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea u can turn it so it it doesnt touch. it should turn no problem, u just might have to loosen it alot.