Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Good News . Built Z/g Motors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good News . Built Z/g Motors

TAKEN FROM MY350Z... I will be going with a motor from these guys.. if anyone of you are looking to do the damn thing i suggest contacting todd and discussing your options. .. he is a great guy and great help

Fellow my350z/g35driver members:

We are pleased to announce the launching of our new company, Built Z Motors (website under construction www.builtZmotors.com ) I have been part of this 350z community for some time and I have always toyed with the idea of starting a side project of building vq35 motors. Many of you have seen my trials and tribulations of being one of the first to have a forged motor built, then destroyed, then rebuilt and pushed to the limits.

I want to thank Sharif, at Forged Internals for all of his help over the past few years, and his assistance in getting t his project rolling. A majority of our parts will be coming directly from Forged Internals, we will provide the machine work and assembly expertise.

We have assembled a great team to deliver high quality motors, built in a timely fashion, at an affordable price. We are prepared to be able to produce several forged motors each month, and are geared towards making this a profitable endeavor through our volume of customers, enabling us to keep our prices extremely competitive.

We will plan to have 2 motors on the shelf, built, ready to go, at all times (in case of emergency- ready to ship out that same day) and we can give a price quote for a custom build, geared towards your specific needs.

In a few weeks, the website will be closer to completion. We plan to have a complete photo-documentary of every step of building a motor; from the machine work, to the balancing, cleaning, to the assembly process, checking clearances, and making this whole motor come alive.

This is company is dedicated to one thing only, building 350z motors! We are currently taking orders; feel free to PM me with any questions.

Some details/options about our motors:
-All blocks will be machined with torque plates
-Short block builds will be available, but as you see our pricing on longblocks, you will most likely want to go this route.
-Longblocks will come timed, with front and rear timing cover installed, swap out a few sensors from your existing motor and this built motor is ready to drop in!
-Shipping motors via a freight company is much less expensive than many of you think, typical shipping costs range between $120-$200 each way.
-We offer a core exchange program
-We have the option to build using a Darton sleeved setup/ mild to extensive headwork, valve jobs.

We are excited to launch this endeavor and look forward to serving you,

Todd Pickman, founder Built Z Motors

Old 03-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Old 03-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Cool man, thx for the heads up

Old 03-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paranormal
TAKEN FROM MY350Z... I will be going with a motor from these guys.. if anyone of you are looking to do the damn thing i suggest contacting todd and discussing your options. .. he is a great guy and great help

Fellow my350z/g35driver members:

We are pleased to announce the launching of our new company, Built Z Motors (website under construction www.builtZmotors.com ) I have been part of this 350z community for some time and I have always toyed with the idea of starting a side project of building vq35 motors. Many of you have seen my trials and tribulations of being one of the first to have a forged motor built, then destroyed, then rebuilt and pushed to the limits.

I want to thank Sharif, at Forged Internals for all of his help over the past few years, and his assistance in getting t his project rolling. A majority of our parts will be coming directly from Forged Internals, we will provide the machine work and assembly expertise.

We have assembled a great team to deliver high quality motors, built in a timely fashion, at an affordable price. We are prepared to be able to produce several forged motors each month, and are geared towards making this a profitable endeavor through our volume of customers, enabling us to keep our prices extremely competitive.

We will plan to have 2 motors on the shelf, built, ready to go, at all times (in case of emergency- ready to ship out that same day) and we can give a price quote for a custom build, geared towards your specific needs.

In a few weeks, the website will be closer to completion. We plan to have a complete photo-documentary of every step of building a motor; from the machine work, to the balancing, cleaning, to the assembly process, checking clearances, and making this whole motor come alive.

This is company is dedicated to one thing only, building 350z motors! We are currently taking orders; feel free to PM me with any questions.

Some details/options about our motors:
-All blocks will be machined with torque plates
-Short block builds will be available, but as you see our pricing on longblocks, you will most likely want to go this route.
-Longblocks will come timed, with front and rear timing cover installed, swap out a few sensors from your existing motor and this built motor is ready to drop in!
-Shipping motors via a freight company is much less expensive than many of you think, typical shipping costs range between $120-$200 each way.
-We offer a core exchange program
-We have the option to build using a Darton sleeved setup/ mild to extensive headwork, valve jobs.

We are excited to launch this endeavor and look forward to serving you,

Todd Pickman, founder Built Z Motors
Hey Jimmy, didn't you just have a built motor dropped into your baby? What the hell happenned?

Old 03-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Jimmy, I thought I read you were selling and parting out your G what gives?

Old 03-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lucky me,
Todd (350zDcalb) is building my motor right now! Besides his motor, I'm the first. Nice guy. I have a thread about my conversion in another section. I'm about to convert to a greddy TT in the next 2 weeks.

Old 03-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey everyone!

Jimmy, Thanks for the introduction...I don;t want to overstep my boundries and give all the info out on a site where I'm not a sponsor...but all the info is on my350... I will be able to help all you G guys (and gals) out as well

Look forward to seeing lots of record breaking dyno sheets!

-TODD

Old 03-17-2006, 10:23 PM
well i incinigrated a piston from detonation in my built motor to make a long story short... was about fed up but im gonna give it one more try hopefully tod and mrc can sort me out proper this time..

Old 03-18-2006, 01:54 AM
never mentioned about price..... how much is it?

Old 03-18-2006, 12:18 PM
contact todd... the price will vary depending on what your needs/wants are...

Old 03-19-2006, 03:08 AM
What's the ballpark for a typical forged setup, <500whp?

Old 03-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Todd is top notch. Now Sharif and Todd both offer fully built motors with little or no wait. I wish these shops were around for my two built motors. This is a step in the right direction for the Z/G community.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:57 PM
sorry bout your ride paranormal. hopefully this new setup will give you a better result. i missed you at jay and james' shop when you came into town. i was really hoping to check out your ride. when you get back i should have the utec and cams installed so maybe it will be a closer race...... that is until you up the boost. let me know when you get back into town homie.