The FX-Spot For General discussion of the FX35/FX45

I think Infiniti just fixed my bluetooth!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Infiniti just fixed my bluetooth!

Well I picked my FX up from Ramsey Infiniti last night, after I had dropped it up for a tire rotation/balancing and bluetooth mic adjustment as recommended from a fellow org'er Soonster.

Got the car back 1 day later after they told me, not only are they adjusting the mic, but they had to replace a bluetooth switch/module as well as it was defective. Mind you, I tested it the morning of dropping it off and the bluetooth did work, I made a couple of calls on the way to the dealer. I was given an '07 G35X for my trouble to tool around in.

So I get it back last night, after a call from my service advisor, telling me it was all fixed and not only that but washed and cleaned. (I was very skeptical at first about it, but after a thorough walkaround, didnt see too much in the way of swirl marks), they did a great job cleaning it!

This morning I tested the bluetooth and made a few test calls, one to my office voicemail, Soonster at work and my friend's voicemail (whom should let me know later on as he told me i sounded muffled in a barrel when i called him). Soonster and I agree that there was a definite improvement. We agree that voice quality is akin to a call over a VOIP phone or Skype. Its not perfect but its not horrible like before. I listened to my own voicemail and the voice volume was loud and clear, maybe very little distortion (speakerphone quality).

If anyone wants me to make a test call to see how it sounds, I'm willing to do so.

Big thumbs up to Ed @ Ramsey Infiniti, Ramsey, NJ - from car dropoff to pickup, I was treated 1st class without issue which is rare these days!

Last edited by FrankFX; 11-29-2007 at 09:49 AM.