The FX-Spot For General discussion of the FX35/FX45

**Leasing an FX35 - Good Deal??**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow **Leasing an FX35 - Good Deal??**

Hey everyone, i got a deal on a lease for a 2008 FX35, just wanted to get some feedback on the offer, all questions and comments welcome

(btw i did do a search for lease deals people got here on this forum, however the findings weren't very comprehensive)

2008 FX35 AWD
Sheer Platinum/Graphite
Tech, Hands Free, iPod, Sport, Roof Rails
(basically everything except the DVD screen for the rear entertainment)

MSRP: $50,400

My Price: $45,500

15,000 miles a year
39 mo.
3,000 down (including first month's payment & title)

*Dealer also will pay my last two lease payments on my G35 coupe

*Free front clear bra ($700 option)

Monthly Payment: $560

What do you all think?? Good deal? or should i wait for February's lease deals??

Old 01-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
not bad! sounds good to me

Old 01-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
ummm i dunno, but thats hella high to me IMO. i don't like the leasing thing. i look at it as a rental. unless your buying it at the end.

if your looking for lower payments for the first couple of years then cool. but if not. you might as well buy a used FX.

i got a FX 35 for $19k from the Infiniti Dealership.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by pghG35
not bad! sounds good to me
thanks, yeah it is very attractive, i wanted to get some feedback so when i go back there tomorrow i will feel confident about my decision..

btw "I DRIVE A SQUEAKY CAR" <----- LOLL i know how you feel, the coupe is just too much sometimes

Old 01-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by BKZJAYY718
ummm i dunno, but thats hella high to me IMO. i don't like the leasing thing. i look at it as a rental. unless your buying it at the end.

if your looking for lower payments for the first couple of years then cool. but if not. you might as well buy a used FX.

I have a personal business, so leasing is a much more cost effective than buying, i get incentives and tax breaks on my lease as it is considered a company car..

my first purchase has already been decided though, E92 M3, but i need something in the mean time as the lease runs out on my G35 coupe

Old 01-30-2008, 12:29 AM
well go for it my man, because the payment don't seem to bad at all.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leasing isn't for everyone. If you like to hold on to your cars forever then it's definitely not for you. However, from what you're saying you don't seem to know anything about leasing. Buying out your lease at the end of the term will only do one thing for you and that's spread out your payments even more. If that's what you want or you've become attached to your car then by all means go ahead and do that.

However, the folks who benefit the most from leasing are people who own businesses and can write it off and folks like me who like to get in and out of cars frequently. I already know in 3 years I'm gonna wake up and be like "WTF am I doing driving this old *** '07" so leasing is perfect for me. You can mod a lease so long as you put it back to stock before returing it Or, if you trade it in before your term is up and the dealership says they'll take it as is, you can leave whatever aftermarket parts you've swapped onto your car f you don't want to have them removed.

With regards to your FX, if you plan on keeping your car for a while, then it was a smart purchase, however most folks who finance vehicles (even new vehicles) rarely go full term these days before trading their car in. With a price of only 19k, you probably paid cash or went short term and quite frankly if you simply wanted an FX and didn't want to be making payments 3 years from now then it was a good move on your part. However if you end up deciding to trade in your FX within a few years, you may want to think about leasing your next vehicle. Infinitis have very strong residuals that make them prime candidates for leasing.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
Leasing isn't for everyone. If you like to hold on to your cars forever then it's definitely not for you. However, from what you're saying you don't seem to know anything about leasing. Buying out your lease at the end of the term will only do one thing for you and that's spread out your payments even more. If that's what you want or you've become attached to your car then by all means go ahead and do that.

However, the folks who benefit the most from leasing are people who own businesses and can write it off and folks like me who like to get in and out of cars frequently. I already know in 3 years I'm gonna wake up and be like "WTF am I doing driving this old *** '07" so leasing is perfect for me. You can mod a lease so long as you put it back to stock before returing it Or, if you trade it in before your term is up and the dealership says they'll take it as is, you can leave whatever aftermarket parts you've swapped onto your car f you don't want to have them removed.

With regards to your FX, if you plan on keeping your car for a while, then it was a smart purchase, however most folks who finance vehicles (even new vehicles) rarely go full term these days before trading their car in. With a price of only 19k, you probably paid cash or went short term and quite frankly if you simply wanted an FX and didn't want to be making payments 3 years from now then it was a good move on your part. However if you end up deciding to trade in your FX within a few years, you may want to think about leasing your next vehicle. Infinitis have very strong residuals that make them prime candidates for leasing.
i couldn't say it any better. i agree w/ cha on lots of things. great way to pin point everything.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:08 PM
i couldn't say it any better. i agree w/ cha on lots of things. great way to pin point everything.

i agree well said.. but back to the subject, good deal guys??

I hope because i just signed the contract today and will be picking up my new FX tomorrow night

Old 01-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RacerB355
i agree well said.. but back to the subject, good deal guys??

I hope because i just signed the contract today and will be picking up my new FX tomorrow night
Thing is, you didn't post up the money factor you were quoted. The MF is essentially your rate on a lease. Provided you were given buy rate or a MF that's fair based on your credit, the following applies.

A little advice. Anytime you get $5k back of MSRP, it's a good deal. At least in terms of the price of the car. Remember there are still things to consider like the money factor. Getting back to price though, cheap azz ***** will come in here and say, "You can get a little bit more", "They have more dealer cash than that" but to mess with the salesman's living for a few hundred dollars is to be an a**hole like you wouldn't believe. The important thing is that YOU think the deal you're receiving is fair. If you believe you're getting jacked, you can always walk away. But I can honestly say that $5k back of MSRP is always a damn good steal for any customer. You got a good deal buddy. Now enjoy that motherf**ker and post up some pics.

Last edited by bruddahmanmatt; 01-30-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
well the FX deal is better this month

Old 02-07-2008, 01:17 AM
awesome deal! car looks great in person too buddy