The FX-Spot For General discussion of the FX35/FX45

I need some help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need some help!

Hello guys!

I currently stay in Atlanta GA. This past Tuesday leaving LA Fitness, someone texting on her phone ran into the back of my new 2009 FX50. I went to a couple of places to get estimates; however, no one knows anything about the scratch shield paint. I even talked with the dealer in Marietta and they are clueless (how can you sell a product and not know anything about it). I went to Nalley Collision Center and they said the product is so new, they don't use it or know much about it. Can someone help me? Can I have the work done and not worry about the (SSP)?

P.S. I am not new to the forum, I just never posted.

Thanks

P.S. 7 more days until we see what the new M will look like!!!! My friends say the current M made ways with older and younger buyers for Infiniti. They say that if Infiniti goes crazy with this design they may lose customers. They say the current FX is not selling at well because it looks less luxury compared to the 1st generation. I told them I disagree because 2012 we could see a new Q which could be just as conservative as the current M with a twist to capture the full size market. The FX is a hard call, I love it, but I can see where some people would go with a more conservative CUV. what do you guys think?

Old 08-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I would suggest sending turbocad6 a PM, he owns an FX and he operates a body shop. He might be able to help you out.

Apparantly the scratch shield is in the clear coat.
You can also do a google search for scratch shield paint repair. That might help.

Last edited by GEE35FX; 08-08-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talk to Bryce at Infiniti of Gwinnett. He knows a good body shop in that area.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.