The FX-Spot For General discussion of the FX35/FX45

Questions about an 06 FX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Questions about an 06 FX

My aunt just picked up a 2006 (i think, might be newer) White FX just a couple quick questions....

1) Can she put a ztube/pop charger on her FX like the G? (she herd my G rev up and likes the sound)

2) How do you reset the oil change light? (I changed her oil and I cant figure out how to get the light off)

3) What is the easiest way to reset the ECU? (Brake pedal trick work on the FX like the G?)

4) She has Factory Navigation can she buy a new disc to update and if so what disc does she need?

4) She was telling me something about leaving the keys in her pocket but still starting the car without having to pull out the keys but she is having trouble getting it to work (not really sure of the problem but some information on the key fob/alarm/ignition would be great)

5) Is there an FX forum? I told her about G35driver and was interested about an FX forum.

Thank you in advance.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
www.infinitiscene.com

More active than infinitifx.org these days.

She can put a Z-tube on her FX, it's slightly different though. They do make FX specific ones. Same with intakes, they're slightly different than the G.

She may need to check the battery in the key fob. They don't last all that long. I have an '07 FX and already had to replace a key battery. When it gets low, the car will have trouble detecting it. Although it may be normal, the car doesn't detect the key all that well, not nearly as well as my old Lexus. It takes a few seconds.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Antipd32v
My aunt just picked up a 2006 (i think, might be newer) White FX just a couple quick questions....

1) Can she put a ztube/pop charger on her FX like the G? (she herd my G rev up and likes the sound)

2) How do you reset the oil change light? (I changed her oil and I cant figure out how to get the light off)

3) What is the easiest way to reset the ECU? (Brake pedal trick work on the FX like the G?)

4) She has Factory Navigation can she buy a new disc to update and if so what disc does she need?

4) She was telling me something about leaving the keys in her pocket but still starting the car without having to pull out the keys but she is having trouble getting it to work (not really sure of the problem but some information on the key fob/alarm/ignition would be great)

5) Is there an FX forum? I told her about G35driver and was interested about an FX forum.

Thank you in advance.
All these questions have been answered on Infinitiscene.com - great forum over there - one of the best I have ever joined.

Yes, the "pedal dance" will work to reset the ECU, but so will unhooking the negative lead to the battery and leaving it off overnight. Pump the brake pedal after unhooking the battery as well. This should clear your oil light as well.

Quite a few FX specific intakes available. Most popular/common seems to be the Stillen CAI with Z-tube.

Here's my FX's engine bay:

Old 03-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
As the others said, check out http://www.infinitiscene.com/index.php It rocks for FX info and great guys (as this site does for the G35)