The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans
View Poll Results: How does your GF, wifey or BF in some cases feel about your passion for cars/mods?
Loves it.
15.33%
Curses it all the time.
8.76%
Doesn't really care.
32.85%
Thinks you are absolutely crazy and doesn't understand at all.
43.07%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

How does your GF, wifey or BF in some cases feel about your passion for cars/mods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does your GF, wifey or BF in some cases feel about your passion for cars/mods?

I have always loved cars since I was a baby, I saw baby pictures of myself sleeping with a "Hotwheels" car in each hand. My father told me that when I was a little kid, I took EVERYTHING apart to see how it worked inlcuding the VCR! I was wrenching on cars even before I had a Driver's License at 16. I modded BMX bikes in elementary school, YSR's in JR High, Cars in High School and it still goes on...

To my wife, a car is just something you get from point A to point B. She doesn't want to be careful, she doesn't care what kind of car she drives. She thinks that the best cars are Mercedes Benz and BMW. I disagree of course. Whenever I see a Ferrari or Lambo, I believe she gets jealous because of the look of lust in my eyes and of course my jaw always drops. She really doesn't like the time I put into my G or even my last bike before I sold it. She has no problem with my passion for my car(s) because she respects that it's my hobby. But she doesn't like it very much and I don't know if she is jealous of the attention or what. She REALLY hates when I work on other people's cars and we actually had a huge fight because of this week because I was supposed to help a fellow forum member install something that would take all day. Whenever I am talking about cars with anyone, she starts rolling her eyes along with the other GF's and wives that are present at the time.

To me, a car is not just a car. It's a technological masterpiece with so many intricacies that come together to make one badass toy. Whatever I have screams at me for upgrades or mods. It is my horse, my transport, my accessory and the second most valuable thing I own. I have never fixed anything up for more attention from others like a lot of other people but I do it for me and my passion for cars only.

Btw, I am not one of those **** people who never drive the car. I take my ride everywhere... daily driver. I am just really careful about things and I try my best to protect my constantly depreciating asset.

Last edited by Disco_Monkey; 05-25-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:06 PM
My wife wants me to make it faster, but she doesnt want to have to drive it "too careful" She's not into the lowering things much...at least she likes speed

Old 05-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
My GF thinks my car is awesome but can't believe how much $$ I hvae put into it.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:12 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my gf thinks it's "cute" that i'm really into cars...

Old 05-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Women are CRAZY (((((((((

My wife knows that there's nothing she can do to stop me from Modd'ng my car. I just need to control my spending or buy her something with the same value

Old 05-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by absolutg
my gf thinks it's "cute" that i'm really into cars...
My GF thinks the same thing.....she thinks is cool that i have a passion for something and loves to see me get really happy when my car is clean, people look at my car, i spot a sick car, we go to a show, etc.....

She doesnt understand WHAT im doing and WHY im doing it - but she knows it makes me happy so i think shes into from that perspective.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
My GF thinks the same thing.....she thinks is cool that i have a passion for something..

+1

i hear that all the time or whenever i get i new mod.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:40 PM
My GF thinks it's stupid...she doesn't see the reason or comprehend why I like my windows to be tinted and why I want to upgrade my rims to something a little bigger. She just thinks it the whole mucho guy thing, I keep telling her it's a luxury sports car and what I'm trying to do is enhance the luxury and sports aspect...oh well...

Old 05-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Well I was engaged...but now I am not.

What really happened was...at first when we got together I had my GTP and she really liked the car thing, and liked to go to shows and what not. And then after awhile I started making good money so she convinced me that we needed to get engaged, and then she didnt want me spending anymore money on me and spend it on her. And she didnt like that I was hanging out with my friends (who are all car guys), and so we broke up and I bought the G35...and now I am even happier!!

Old 05-25-2006, 07:20 PM
When i told my wife i was gonna drop my 05 ob coupe, she thought that it would be ghetto lowering a new car and that the ghetto in me would never leave me...but once i slammed it with my s teins, she liked it and hasn't complained about all my other mods....she in fact is starting to dig it....i also told her that fender gap was gay

Old 05-25-2006, 07:21 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
my GF respects the fact that i love my car and has no problem with me spending money on it (as long as i spend some on her too). The last one didnt understand how i could spend so much money on a car, needless to say she's long gone.
-GP-

Old 05-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
yea i def. won't be able to live with a girl that doesnt have one of 2
1) drives stick
2) doesn't treat her or my car right. or at least try

Old 05-25-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
To me, a car is not just a car. It's a technological masterpiece with so many intricacies that come together to make one badass toy.
AAAAMEN BROTHA !!! Very well put !!! Well my X GF love the fact i was so into cars... so told me she was jealous that i had such a passion for something...thats one reasons why i liked her so much... because she understood where i was coming from.

Disco... what does your wife do for a hobby? And no shopping and hanging out with friends is not a hobby LOL

Old 05-25-2006, 09:38 PM
I am single but I voted she loves it because I wouldn't date a girl who didn't like it.........

Old 05-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Girlfriend... ?_? Those are way too expensive and dip into my mod money. XD But I'm with the other guys, when I do find one she better like my hobby or I'll be moving on to the next girl.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How does your GF, wifey or BF in some cases feel about your passion for cars/mods?