The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Anyone got a Fuel Filler recall notice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone got a Fuel Filler recall notice?

Today i received one in the mail saying this effects g35's in the 2003-2006 models, thats like all of the g35's... they say it will take about 3+ hours to fix, is there a way i can find out myself if i need to take it in? I rather save myself the trouble 1st if i can see if my car has that problem...

Old 09-22-2006, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call the dealer and run the VIN, they will let you know if your car is effected.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Is this related to the problem where the tank won't fill all the way at certain stations due to the nozzle diameter or is this something new?

Old 09-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by GTScott
Is this related to the problem where the tank won't fill all the way at certain stations due to the nozzle diameter or is this something new?
this is regarding some sort of fuel line that may fall apart ... resulting in a leak. there is a tsb on the tank not filling up.. it's regarding the flapper. i've had it done twice to my car already.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
it's not all G's that are affected. just call up any service department and they can see if your VIN is part of the recall

Old 09-22-2006, 01:04 PM
I work at Nissan, And yes change it. I have seen 99% of the Zs line is crack and just break off if you pull on it alittle bit.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by G35CDUCK
I work at Nissan, And yes change it. I have seen 99% of the Zs line is crack and just break off if you pull on it alittle bit.
was your car affected?

Old 09-24-2006, 05:24 PM
had mine fixed they said it was fuel fill line, hour and a half fix pretty quick

Old 09-25-2006, 09:10 AM
are you sure this is the same problem? Ive read one about the fuel filler neck cracking and causing a leak. If something sparks near the leak, the result is an overcooked G. They have to remove all of the rear suspension and replace the gas tank. Most people dont care to have that extensive amount of work preformed by the stealership and would rather just get the insurance money when it decides to catch on fire.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:21 AM
for those of you who went in for this fuel filler hose recall, what exactly do they do to your car? I mean do they lift it up and then remove all your tires?

I'm nervous because my car is lowered with a body kit, and i heard lots of horror stories about the dealer messing up. If I can, i wish i can simply just avoid this problem and hope my car will never burn up.

I hope they don't have to remove any wheels, i know a lot of people here have scratched holes where the lugs go... and i certainly don't want that to happen...

Old 09-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Banned
Go here for the recall campaign and click the SERVICE PROCEDURE to see what's done. Basically the whole rear end comes out along with the driveshaft and exhaust. This is all needed to get to the gas tank. Not for the faint of heart.

http://infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Bu.../ITB06-006.htm

Old 09-29-2006, 01:06 PM
thanks vjquan, damn that looks like a daunting job , geez, i have a feeling they are going to end up messing my car somewhere along the lines or be careless and miss a step. I think i will just take my chances and skip on this... :/

Old 09-29-2006, 06:22 PM
I don't want to do this recall. I foresee a bunch of problems resulting. Messed up wheels, dents, scratches, more rattles, and more damn downtime...plus they don't even want to give me loaner, just a rental car. BS.

Do they give you a free alignment since they pratically disassemble the entire rear end?

Old 10-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by nyckid
for those of you who went in for this fuel filler hose recall, what exactly do they do to your car? I mean do they lift it up and then remove all your tires?

I'm nervous because my car is lowered with a body kit, and i heard lots of horror stories about the dealer messing up. If I can, i wish i can simply just avoid this problem and hope my car will never burn up.

I hope they don't have to remove any wheels, i know a lot of people here have scratched holes where the lugs go... and i certainly don't want that to happen...
As far as your wheels go, You can always make them remove and tighten the lugs by hand w/a breaker bar or a torque wrench. The only way you will know if they do this for sure though is to watch them...

Old 10-03-2006, 12:20 AM
i would love to watch them, but i don't think i have time to stand 3+ hours around for this... so I think I will just pass up on this... i think by doing this recall i'll end up having more problems than just by leaving this alone...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone got a Fuel Filler recall notice?