What should I do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plenum spacer, pulleys, sway bars...

Old 05-25-2007, 10:45 PM
u refuse to add cheap honda-boy add-ons? haha.

so far, u got, a cold air intake, which doesn't improve performance by that much, you got "JDM badages", yeah, that will show them Honda-boys.

Let me guess, you also have clear corners, tailight overlays and every honda-boy wants to race you. get over it man.

most hondas you see at the track will smoke our G with no problem. They are lighter, and even with an all moster "LS/vtec" setup, it will keep up with a Turbo'd G.

They also have Hondata, which is the best thing since slice bread. The G doesn't have anything close to what the Honda-Boys have. I've seen a lot of 10 second hondas at the tracks. The closest thing to 10 i've seen our G hit at the tracks are low 12's. The only thing we got on them are out Exhaust sound. Sounds mean.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by ZsmokerGT
I have a 04 G35c 6sp, so far just Nismo CA intake, and jdm badges, with HR springs on the way. I've got about $800.00 bucks to throw around, and want to add on a little more performance. Any suggestions on what i should get? And I refuse to get any cheap Honda boy bolt ons. I plan on saving a crap load over the next year or so after i sell my other car for a APS TT kit. I've thought about a new clutch, or a spacer, what do you guys think i should do?
spacer for sure

Old 06-04-2007, 01:55 PM
G35's were never really geared for quarter mile. On the track, I'd say it's a driver's race and on a highway run I'm sure a modded g35 will definately be faster then a modded civic even w/ a monster vtec set up. But yes, quarter mile wise those monster civics can be brutal.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by verbal assassin
They also have Hondata, which is the best thing since slice bread. The G doesn't have anything close to what the Honda-Boys have. I've seen a lot of 10 second hondas at the tracks. The closest thing to 10 i've seen our G hit at the tracks are low 12's. The only thing we got on them are out Exhaust sound. Sounds mean.
True, but there's one fact you can never ignore: No matter what you have done to a Civic, it will always be a Civic...

Old 06-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Mike Team350GZ
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ that's what I always say couldn't have put it any better

Old 06-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Love Poker!!!
Get a air horn kit on hornblasters.com

Old 06-10-2007, 02:06 AM
I was driving around tonight, racing anyone with a decent ride. I took a charger, I took a wrx, even another G, I was on a role. Then came the integra, I beat him to 60mph by two car lengths then I heard an air spray sound and the integra peels out like crazy and takes off, just blows me away!
So... first of all what the hell did he have in that car to be able to go that fast at 60mph.

secondly... what do I need to do to keep up? I have a 04 sedan, do I have a shot? I feel so damn defeated that I'm consumed by the need to better my car.

Everyone says turbo but that would mean atleast 6k, is this my only option?

Thanks in advance,
Nickypoo

(I would have started my own thread but that isn't an option for me)

Old 06-10-2007, 02:44 AM
My Life be like Oooo ahhh
Originally Posted by Nickypoo
I was driving around tonight, racing anyone with a decent ride. I took a charger, I took a wrx, even another G, I was on a role. Then came the integra, I beat him to 60mph by two car lengths then I heard an air spray sound and the integra peels out like crazy and takes off, just blows me away!
So... first of all what the hell did he have in that car to be able to go that fast at 60mph.

secondly... what do I need to do to keep up? I have a 04 sedan, do I have a shot? I feel so damn defeated that I'm consumed by the need to better my car.

Everyone says turbo but that would mean atleast 6k, is this my only option?

Thanks in advance,
Nickypoo

(I would have started my own thread but that isn't an option for me)

It was probably a Nitrous Spray kit (NOS or some other brand)

Old 06-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by StealthShinobi
It was probably a Nitrous Spray kit (NOS or some other brand)
Thats just crazy to me, using nos on a city street. That would make me feel better about losing though.

After a good nights sleep, I was reminded in a dream that he drives a 98 integra and I drive an 2004 Infinity G35.

I bought this car for the luxury, I had no idea it was fast too. So I can live with the loss for now. It's not like the g35 was made for the drag strip anyways, its a tank.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.