The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Something just dawned on me about G37.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something just dawned on me about G37.

I dont know if this has been discussed but ill give it a shot. With the release of the g37 coupe very soon, i hope that does not affect the after market for the sedans. Being that the coupe is the targeted mod car in the industry between the two, having a diff engine I really hope that most things arent going to be developed for the coupe and not us. I know with the last model alot of parts were universal (if im not mistaken) because they had the same engine. What does everyone think?

Old 04-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by logik05se
I dont know if this has been discussed but ill give it a shot. With the release of the g37 coupe very soon, i hope that does not affect the after market for the sedans. Being that the coupe is the targeted mod car in the industry between the two, having a diff engine I really hope that most things arent going to be developed for the coupe and not us. I know with the last model alot of parts were universal (if im not mistaken) because they had the same engine. What does everyone think?
Doubt it will be a big hit - people who want the sedan buy the sedan, and vice versa. A sedan G37 coming out would affect our resale, but the coupe probably won't.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:55 PM
I didnt mean the resale value. When i said after market I ment mods that are available for the car.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:21 PM
no worries

Old 04-25-2007, 12:54 AM
I don't see how the coupe's slightly larger engine displacement is going to affect the aftermarket support for our current '07 G sedans. Besides, .2 L difference, from what I understand the rest of the engine is identical. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Have you seen the new G37? It looks like it is targeted at 47 year old women not young male modders.

IMO - the new sedan looks sportier than the new coupe.

But you are probably right. What all would you want to change on the engine anyway? I am sure they will have twin cold air intakes.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by shaneotool
Have you seen the new G37? It looks like it is targeted at 47 year old women not young male modders.

IMO - the new sedan looks sportier than the new coupe.

But you are probably right. What all would you want to change on the engine anyway? I am sure they will have twin cold air intakes.

I agree with Shane!! I think the '07 Sedan (even w/ 4 doors) is sportier looking that the new coupe. The coupe has NO edge in my opinion.

on the original topic- I could see where it may intially hurt the output of mods for our cars, I am sure it will catch up though. There aren't many aftermarket parts out for it yet, but as the demand grows, the supply will catch up. When the G37 is released some companys will undoubtedly fight to be the first to release parts, but once that calms down, they will realize there is still money to be made producing parts for the sedans too- itll be OK. I think-

I dont think there is really anything else I want to do to mine?!?! Unless I went to FI at some point down the road, its still too new for any of that yet though-

Last edited by hokiesean24; 04-25-2007 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:19 AM
yea i guess that makes sense...the only thing i really want for this car anyway is an intake ( the sound is worth every penny). So i guess i dont know what im worried about lol.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Banned
I disagree with most of you guys. I think the new G will be a definite hit, but it probably wont seem like it since The G35 was kind of a creaper to most, surprising a ton of people lol. Just give it time. The aftermarket has already started to work on parts for the new sedan (there was even a sp 07 sedan at the last tokyo auto show). Granted there probably wont be as many "universal" parts for the sedan but you still have to figue that the new 350Z is getting the sedan's motor so there will probably be some part overlap there. Who knows, just give it time.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by hokiesean24
I agree with Shane!! I think the '07 Sedan (even w/ 4 doors) is sportier looking that the new coupe. The coupe has NO edge in my opinion.
yeah, definitely not in the body, but have you seen the thing on the track. The thing *****.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
I believe the OP is wanting to discuss the affect on the after marker mod for our cars... In response to that issue, unfortunately there comes a time when newer technologies and newer motors occupy R&D time to the extent that older previous incantations kinda fall by the wayside. It's the nature of the beast... There might be some little odds & ends here and there but most R&D is going to be geared towards new products... So for those of us that have 1st gen G35 what is out there is quite possibly the extent of it.

Tony at Motordyne is always in development mode and probably has some projects that might benefit us -and some mods are kinda universal to an extent anyway... but I don't see much effort being put into body styling mods or specific performance mods for (what is now) the older Gs.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:51 PM
I think hes curious about what it will do to mods for his 07 sedan. His signature is a bit confusing, but I think he has the 07. Which would mean he is wanting to discuss the effect on aftermarket mods on our cars... haha

Old 04-25-2007, 01:58 PM
yea im talkin about the 07...and lol since my sig is confusing ill change it.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Indeed I thought he was talking pre-07... I know TS is looking into the ECU for your motor, and of course Stillen has an exhaust already... but if it ends up being a 1 year motor you might be SOL... However, some people (including me) have hypothesized about the idea that Infiniti will release a performance version (G37) and an alternate version (call it what you want) being the 3.5HR... who knows.

Be happy you have a pretty good performing car already - with some minor breather mods and ECU tune you might not need more... I highly doubt the styling will change for a while so you will probably start seeing body kits and stuff...

Last edited by OCG35; 04-25-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by OCG35
I believe the OP is wanting to discuss the affect on the after marker mod for our cars... In response to that issue, unfortunately there comes a time when newer technologies and newer motors occupy R&D time to the extent that older previous incantations kinda fall by the wayside. It's the nature of the beast... There might be some little odds & ends here and there but most R&D is going to be geared towards new products... So for those of us that have 1st gen G35 what is out there is quite possibly the extent of it.

Tony at Motordyne is always in development mode and probably has some projects that might benefit us -and some mods are kinda universal to an extent anyway... but I don't see much effort being put into body styling mods or specific performance mods for (what is now) the older Gs.
why do we care about motordyne? There are a number of companies including AAM, Skunk2, etc. that make make spacers. They're pretty straight forward in terms of the engineering aspect. I would want to see other parts provided from the Japanese aftermarket leaders like HKS, Greddy, Nismo, Apexi, AEM, Blitz, Stillen, Etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Something just dawned on me about G37.