The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Autodim Mirror Info (Retrofit)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autodim Mirror Info (Retrofit)

I apologize if this has been covered before and if I'm starting a new thread inappropriately, but I wanted to share some info that may be useful.

For anyone interested, I recently purchased a premium mirror (Homelink, Autodim) that came off a 05 Coupe.

The mounting on my 06 Sedan is identical, so the mirror fits right on (no adapter required).

It makes a great, inexpensive upgrade! (Thanks, LilSnoozer!) BTW, since I heard that the Homelink buttons wear the color off of them quickly, I took my wife's clear nail polish and VERY LIGHTLY coated the buttons (making sure to ONLY get the polish on the button face, very lightly!) This should give me some extra wear-n-tear on the button faces.

I couldn't find the factory wiring in the headliner on my 06, so I purchased a wiring harness kit from http://www.wembleysells.com (Greg was very helpful!) The wiring is simple if you have basic mechanical skills (I tucked the wiring into the headliner, then down the A pillar and to the fuse box.) It's easier to get into the fuse box if you pull the kick panel, which is easy to do. The mirror I bought only has autodim and homelink (no compass or temp display), so I ran both the yellow and red wires to switched power, so the mirror (and homelink buttons) can't be operated unless the key is switched on.

I'm not sure about prior model years, but the premium mirrors from an 05 model match up perfectly to the standard mirror mounting brackets on the 06.

The model mirror I purchased was made by Gentex (Gentex313) which is no longer available, but Gentex still makes Genk40, Genk41, Genk45, and Genk50 which all should use the same mounting bracket as the non-premium bracket on an 06.

Hope this info is useful!