The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Lower RPM's = Better Fuel Economy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2008 | 02:50 PM
doesnt BP own Amoco which in return Arco uses BP which is Amoco fuels?

Old 06-15-2008 | 04:35 PM
Arco/BP = same thing... dont know about Amoco...

Old 06-17-2008 | 12:26 AM
|
what is the source of Conoco/Phillips gas/oil?

Old 06-17-2008 | 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by UR2EZ
what is the source of Conoco/Phillips gas/oil?
they have domestic refineries... there's one about 4 miles from me right now (Wilmington, CA)... we run product for them…

Old 06-17-2008 | 03:15 PM
When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has 3 stages: low, middle, and high. You should be pumping on low mode, thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping. All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some of the liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.

LOL, do I need to pump with a tilt as well? So its kinda like pumping beer out of a keg right? Man if only I'd known sooner...I hate beer foam!!

Just buy gas at food city on Friday, you can get premium for the price of mid-grade! Saves you 10 cents a gallon.. and the good news is you can quit worrying about the gas fumes. (Which you may be inhaling to much of)

Old 06-18-2008 | 01:59 PM
4.70???? OMG wow, i live in Dallas, and gas is about 3.90.... BTW everyone, only buy gas from these companies...
they don't import oil from Middle East or Venezuela... with enough people boycotting foreign oil, we can lower the prices.

Sunoco...............0 barrels
C onoco...............0 barrels
Sinclair...............0 barrels
BP/Phillips..........0 barrels
Hess...................0 barrels
ARC0...................0barrels
If you think that will lower prices you are just kidding yourself. If you want to lower prices you should lower the demand for it, especially demand from people who pay through the nose for fuel with weak currency. For example, the United States of America government, who spend nearly $400M a month on fuel for the war in Iraq, with a devalued dollar. Oil companies can raise their prices as much as they want as long as a foolish buyer is willing to spend its money.

Old 06-18-2008 | 02:54 PM
Every time we have a oil crisis I think (and say) the same thing... if you want to force the price of fuel lower the ENTIRE nation would need to target ONE company and avoid buying fuel from them for 3-5 days... they would be FORCED to lower their pricing in order to get some customers... once one major company does this the rest would be forced to follow in order to keep customers.

Unfortunately this would NEVER happen - because we are too dysfunctional to accomplish something like that.

I always laugh at the goofballs that think boycotting fuel for one day will make a difference... it does absolutely nothing.

Until we start drilling more domestically, it is what it is and people that are affected by it will find ways to adjust.

Old 06-21-2008 | 08:01 AM
|
damnit Barack Obama, if he wins the gas will be worse since he's opposed to offshore and ANWAR drilling.... it's the damn liberal hippies who don't wanna hurt the microbes and snow foxes who live in ANWAR.... even though they would be using steam-extraction and NOT drilling....more people need to write to their democratic congressmen pissed off about this.

Old 06-21-2008 | 05:39 PM
Doesn't matter

Drilling in Anwar or off the gulf cost will not change the price of oil one bit.

How long do you think it's going to take us to start drilling and then finally refinning our own oil?

I give it 10 years.

Doesn't matter who is president. I want the oil to be $200.00 a barrel and we are paying $8.00 a gallon of gas.

Everyone has thier own theory about why the price of oil is so high. Quite frankly I really don't care if the Martians own it all and are charging a premium for it.

I want mother necessity to invent some other source of fuel that will burn in our cars and is pennies on the dollar to produce. corn and whatever that plant is called is not it.
Maybe someone will be able to use Kudzu, who knows.

The only way we will ever see $2.00 for a gallon of gas is if someone invents something to make it obsolete or not the primary ingredient for gas.

The Saudis are saying they are going to start producing more oil to create a surplus. They do that so we all get happy again for another 5 years and we all go back to driving gas a hogs. Then Gas goes down to $3.00 a gallon and people are freaking doing back flips because they aren't paying $4.00 for a gallon of gas.

Higher gas prices! please!

Old 06-21-2008 | 05:46 PM
^^^

I disagree with just about everything in that post.

Old 06-21-2008 | 06:22 PM
Only solution is to have an outburst of gas station arsonists blowing up 1 gas station after another.

Old 06-21-2008 | 06:22 PM
|
the Saudi's are going to increase the oil, with no refineries to back it up... so it's not going to make a dent... And by the way, the reason the gas is so high is not a theory, or everyone has a theory, no, it's the oil futures traders who 'gamble ' basically, on the future price of gas and make a killing...if the hippies finally give permission to drill in Anwar, there still won't be enough refineries to back it up. The top oil companies are actually sitting on leases that could increase supple 2-fold, but they don't have the refineries to process it, and they're making a huge amount of money by keeping the supply at the maximum profit range... have you guys taken economics, or algebra, then you know to maximize P, doesn't mean endless supply. The gov't currently stores away 15% of the oil that we buy from all sources domestic and foreign, with reserves to last 500 years, they could stop putting some of it away and that would drop the price. so how do you,

A) Stop wall street a-holes from trading in oil futures
B)get the gov't to stop reserving oil
C)get oil companies to build refineries and reduce their profit margin

does any of this seem likely to you?

Old 06-21-2008 | 06:24 PM
|
Originally Posted by ninous26
Only solution is to have an outburst of gas station arsonists blowing up 1 gas station after another.
+1 but don't blow-up Conoco, they are domestic oil!!!

Old 06-21-2008 | 06:55 PM
A) Stop wall street a-holes from trading in oil futures
B)get the gov't to stop reserving oil
C)get oil companies to build refineries and reduce their profit margin

does any of this seem likely to you?
I agree with all except B... oil reserve is necessarily for time of crisis (non-economical, but security threat)... however, I truly believe we will be drilling in the Arctic and more offshore... and as oppose to (some) others, I believe it will have a direct positive impact on fuel prices (positive in a consumer way)...

Old 06-21-2008 | 07:30 PM
Isn't Valero a truly domestic company?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lower RPM's = Better Fuel Economy?