The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

help! 1st rado has error msg - 2nd ac wont turn off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help! 1st rado has error msg - 2nd ac wont turn off

alight my car is going nuts. about a month ago i got the common CD ERR msg in which my cd player wouldn't spit on any of my cd's. so then i was like well looks like i need to get a replacement cd changer. now just two weeks ago my AC controls have gone nuts, 8/10 when i start the car the AC turns on full blast at 60 degrees. I am an able to turn it off and it decides whenever to lower the bars. at the same time my radio display is completely gone and i cant not use any of the functions. only thing is sometimes it alllows me to listen to the radio using my controls on my steering wheels. i can switch through my set channels and put the volume up and down. what the hell is going on. i have went ahead and ordered a replacement unit cd changer + entire front controls ac + radio. i hope its just the unit. any idea what else it might be.

Thanks,

Old 08-18-2008, 09:06 AM
bump i need some help on this. plzzz

Old 08-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN 2003 INFINITI G35 SEDAN; AUDIO FINISHER CIRCUIT BOARD
On some model year 2003 G35 Sedans manufactured through August 21, 2002, the audio and temperature controls may not operate as expected. When using the audio equipment or the temperature controls, the unit may become inoperative. In some cases, this can be corrected by turning the ignition switch off and back on again. In other cases, the unit remains inoperative and requires service by an Infiniti technician. To prevent this condition, Infiniti has initiated a Voluntary Service Campaign to replace the audio finisher circuit board on these vehicles. Use Infiniti Net to confirm if a specific vehicle is affected by this service campaign (P3104).

The circuit board sounds like it is bad. It may be covered in the recall it may not. Hope this points you in the right direction...give your local infiniti dealer a call in regards to your circuit board or maybe Tony at Riverside Infiniti in CA can help you out if you have any other questions regarding this issue.

Floyd

Old 08-18-2008, 11:39 PM
this is a fairly large issue with the early G's. My cd changer went out and my radio drains my battery bad. The radio fuse is pulled so my auto climate is stuck at 75. I'm trying to find a used 03/04 bose 6 disk to replace my crappy one with.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hnb763
alight my car is going nuts. about a month ago i got the common CD ERR msg in which my cd player wouldn't spit on any of my cd's. so then i was like well looks like i need to get a replacement cd changer. now just two weeks ago my AC controls have gone nuts, 8/10 when i start the car the AC turns on full blast at 60 degrees. I am an able to turn it off and it decides whenever to lower the bars. at the same time my radio display is completely gone and i cant not use any of the functions. only thing is sometimes it alllows me to listen to the radio using my controls on my steering wheels. i can switch through my set channels and put the volume up and down. what the hell is going on. i have went ahead and ordered a replacement unit cd changer + entire front controls ac + radio. i hope its just the unit. any idea what else it might be.

Thanks,
the radio and cd share the same circuit board... all i did was replace the cd/ radio with a working unit and the problem is gone... some people would say that the circuit board has gone bad but believe me, just have your cd/radio fix... i bought mine in ebay (couldn't wait to send the unit for repairs )and swaped the unit myself... didn't replace the circuit board, and everything has been goooood...