The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

prestone flush and fill kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prestone flush and fill kit?

my G is due for a coolant flush very soon and I was wondering if anyone here has used this flush and fill kit to replace their coolant. For $3.xx, it seems like a great alternative to the conventional way of changing coolant but I'm not sure if it works that well..any opinions?

Old 08-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do NOT use that cheap coolant ****. You must use Nissan Specific coolant.

Just like how honda uses blue coolant and toyota uses red coolant.

I know for a fact that w/ my old Acura Legend if you used any coolant other than honda specific you would pretty much be asking for a blown head gasket.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
honda has blue coolant?

back to the subject. Those kits work great I had one on my truck and it was so easy to use. I was afraid it would leak but it lasted over 3 years and was still going when I sold it. simply attach the hose to it and let her rip. much easier then trying to flush by filling the radiator, makes less mess.

Bad thing is that you have to use tap water. over here I have hard water and that wouldn't be good. So I did the old school way on my G. I removed the 3 block plugs and drained the radiator then filled w/ distilled water/coolant mix. much more water came out of the block then was in a radiator.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DHCrocks
honda has blue coolant?

back to the subject. Those kits work great I had one on my truck and it was so easy to use. I was afraid it would leak but it lasted over 3 years and was still going when I sold it. simply attach the hose to it and let her rip. much easier then trying to flush by filling the radiator, makes less mess.

Bad thing is that you have to use tap water. over here I have hard water and that wouldn't be good. So I did the old school way on my G. I removed the 3 block plugs and drained the radiator then filled w/ distilled water/coolant mix. much more water came out of the block then was in a radiator.
yep.. honda type 2 coolant is blue