The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Bodyshop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
I feel your pain, had mine at a bad shop then took it to a good one and had all the bad work fixed! The bad shop did refund money so try to get some or all back and take it elsewhere.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This sounds like a nightmare. Really making me second guess on whether to go cheap or go quality on a kit. Im in dallas too, PM me the name of the shop as so I can avoid it, that is if your not comfortable to say the name.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:55 PM
the guy is feeding u lie after lie, get ur ****ing car back.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CreativeDesignZ
the guy is feeding u lie after lie, get ur ****ing car back.
The same place did mine, the exact same kit, and mines CB much harder to match than the black. Only difference is my kit was all Klumzyee and his was a different, cheaper kit. Mine was flawless, no gaps or fitment issues. So maybe its the cheap kit that is the real problem.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:02 PM
that or the immense amount of overspray in the holes of your kenstyle bumper? ive seen shops make cheap kits fit, it takes time yes, but blasting those huge *** screws into the body? do u see the quality of paint up close? it seems as if their quality control went down the **** hole if u ask me...

Last edited by CreativeDesignZ; 11-12-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Also I think he got the wrong clips or somethin, if screwing it in tight cracked the fiberglass, they are obviously too thick, and thats what caused the gap. Ive seen several kits that have the glued or 3M taped sideskirts. And "overspray" are you serious? It would take a ridiculous amount of extra coats to make a gap that big. But the sideskirts are designed to be screwed in judging by the indention thats made in the sill of the skirts. But they should either replace them or fix the spot that they broke. Im just sayin Ive seen this shop do a few G35 kits and SEVERAL mustang kits. All of which turned out great. Just because one person has problems with installing a cheap kit, doesnt mean its all the shops fault. As you can see above, my exact same kit fit fine. Only difference is quality of the kit.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:19 PM
im talking about the overspray on YOUR car, you can see it on your bumper support, behind your kenstyle rear...

Old 11-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Oh, yea, they accidentally immensely oversprayed the holes and thats why my quality kit fit perfect. haha Maybe its not the thousands of people who have bought klumzyee kits and you rearely ever hear about any fitment issues. Know a guy in houston bought an entire 4pc kenstyle kit on ebay for 250 bucks. his was a nightmare to get put on, had gaps all over the place.

P.S. That part of the kit has been fixed....couldnt handle seein the support...haha

Old 11-12-2008, 10:44 PM
very good sir! look great, but it still proves that they dont take that good of care when spraying components. klumzees stuff fits amazing your kit fits great, and its nice seeing a diff. style of wheel on a G =]

Old 11-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Thanx, and yea they could have taken a bit more care of the components like you said, but like I said, it was 600 for all 5 pieces prep, paint, and install. So I was ok with that. I just hate that Aaron has had so much problems with his kit. Finally got rid of those ugly stock tips though, got led strip side markers and got some True Dual exhaust put on a few weeks ago. Now im in desperate need of a small drop...lol Where did you get your rotors?

Old 11-13-2008, 10:54 AM
The kit was not just an "Ebay" kit though, I got it from a sponser on here.... It wasn't really cheap, only a $200 or so less, but they had parts in stock and would ship same day vs Eric had to have the parts made. Sure I rushed through the process, but seeing the work done on txaaron's G made me feel confident in the shop. I bought clips for the side skirts and the shop didn't use them. The clips I bought clipped directly into the stock holes where the side skirt would attach (a square hole) and I THOUGHT the shop would bond the clip to the back of the skirt so that the skirt itself would simply clip to the body, but the shop used the clip as a mounting point, basically they screwed the clip to the skirt and then it got stuck to the car. I understand the idea, but those screws are HUGE! You would think it would be like a flat head screw that would fit snuggly against the skirt and hardly show, but these use like a socket head, nothing close to a flush fitment.

ALSO, he said they GLUED the front bumper on.... I don't really care what kit it is, this seems like a STUPID idea, I should be able to remove the bumper at any time without any issue, but now, I am stuck with silver mesh in the front bumper as I cannot remove the bumper to install black mesh.

Rear Bumper, sure it is a bad kit, but that is why he quoted me more money to get it done than txaaron's, I understand and in the end, if it is a quality job the cash isn't a problem. That being said, this doesn't seem to be a quality job, or at least not the quality I expected. Nothing is impossible to fix, I just want to know that this guy CAN fix the issues or get my car together so I can let another shop do the work to tidy up the loose ends.

ALSO, this was supposed to be a job that took a week, we are now 4 days away from a month on this project. Rental car fees are stacking up and there is no end in sight! The manager doesn't call to give me updates like he says he will, the car has NEVER been ready for pickup on any days he says it will be ready, take the last drop off on Wednesday (11/5), the car was to be ready, even with all the things I had pointed out, that Friday, a 2 day turn around. I get a call FRIDAY just before closing saying no way it will be ready until MONDAY, we are now here the following Thursday (over a week) and still no car....

But, as I say, IF they get the car put together with minimal gaps in the body, I will have NO problem with the amount estimated. To some extent, I feel bad that it has caused them so much trouble, but had he told me in the first place the kit was this bad, I would have returned it and ordered Eric's (seeing how the difference in install price are GREATLY higher than the savings in the kit purchase price).

Old 11-13-2008, 02:13 PM
I think thats the best idea, try to get it back and have another shop work out the little stuff. I really am sorry all this happened to ya. You shouldnt feel bad at all, this is what this place does for a business, or what they're supposed to...haha I agree that the situation you have been through is ridiculous. I just hope it works out for ya. Also, is your mesh plastic or wire?

Old 11-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by TXaaron3232
I think thats the best idea, try to get it back and have another shop work out the little stuff. I really am sorry all this happened to ya. You shouldnt feel bad at all, this is what this place does for a business, or what they're supposed to...haha I agree that the situation you have been through is ridiculous. I just hope it works out for ya. Also, is your mesh plastic or wire?
The mesh in the front is wire, but I bought plastic mesh and they put it in the rear bumper for me.... however it is 1/4" and is WAY too open for the look I am going for. It helps for now, but I need a different mesh. I wanted wire mesh all around to start with, but decided it might chip a bit too easy in the front, so I set out to find plastic mesh.

Where did you get your mesh from?

Old 11-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Mine is plastic in the front and wire in the back. My plastic mesh came with my parts, but the blackout of the rear mesh I did myself. You can see the difference in the pics of the rear above. It was a lil difficult, but did it with the bumper still on the car in my driveway. I hated how you could see the bumper support.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just order my bodykit from Ings LX sport in Japan and it will take them two month to build it and ship it to the U.S. I hope this $2K kit can fit my M well. I am sorry to hear your story. If the original bodykit was not well built, we may have to deal with these kind of issue sometimes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bodyshop