G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Infiniti Elite Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 02:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti Elite Extended Warranty

I am considering getting one.
I have an 04 G35 Coupe AT with 55,000 miles on it.
One dealership quoted me $1,800 for 4 year/48,000 miles with $0 deductible.
I was at work and didn't get a chance to ask the following questions( plus it's good to know what in your experience is acceptable)
1. Does it cover rattles and squeaks that are not due to normal wear/tear?
2. Does it include loaner?
3. Will I have to pay tax on top of the quoted price?
4. Is the extended warranty more rigidly exclusive towards the mods than
the original warranty?
5. What do you guys think about the price I was quoted?
6. Is the Elite a bumper-to-bumper? Or are there different kinds of elite, like in the 3rd party versions( basic, premium, gold, blah blah!)
Thanks

Last edited by ericmbnomore; 03-14-2009 at 03:11 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ericmbnomore
I was at work and didn't get a chance to ask the following questions( plus it's good to know what in your experience is acceptable)
the original warranty?
6. Is the Elite a bumper-to-bumper? Or are there different kinds of elite, like in the 3rd party versions( basic, premium, gold, blah blah!)
Thanks
1. if it's a rattle sqeak issue that is a tsb (technical service bulletin) that will be covered regardless, normal wear and tear things I doubt it would be since it's aging with the car.
2. all infiniti stealerships I know of will give you a loaner car when your primary vehicle is being serviced.
3. I do not believe you need to pay tax in addition to the quoted price.
4. not to sure about this one.
5. That price is pretty fair in all honesty but I know people here where I live and can negotiate a price with the head manager directly, over where you reside though, I am not too sure.
6. Yes. each warranty has it's own differences, best bet is to just ask the salesman or whomever you were talking to initially and find out.

best of luck.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Rattles are not covered, and you can pay the warranty off over time....interest free as an option. I paid $1350 for 4Yr 48,000 miles, zero deductable, with 25,000 miles on my car (04 Coupe). Your rate sounds right for your car.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I didn't opt for the Infiniti Elite Warranty, but from what I know of it, loaners are included.

Another thing, your rate sounds about right, but its not set in stone. You're able to negotiate the rates, b/c like our cars, the dealer gets a premium when the sell the extended warranties (which is why they often push to sell em).

Are you planning on hanging onto the car for a few more years/50k miles?

Old 03-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by ericmbnomore
the original warranty?
Thanks
2. Yes
3. No
4. No. Same rules apply. They have to prove your mods caused the problem.
5. Kinda high, and you can negotiate it down. The Elite plan on my CPO was $1395, but I got it for $695. Most dealers will negotiate this. I know for the Acura TL I looked at I could get their extended plan for about half price. If it means sale or no sale, they'll cut the price.
6. All Elites are the same, and more than just bumper to bumper because it covers audio and navigation as well as all lighting, including burned out bulbs of any kind. The original 48/60K covered everything, and a certified pre-owned takes the warranty out to 72/100K, but stopped covering lights, audio, and nav. The Elite plans (various years/miles) are equivalent to the original 48/60K for coverages, and are also transferable whereas a certified pre-owned warranty is not. Read here (your Elite plan will be similar) http://www.infinitiusa.com/pre-owned/warranty-epp.html and have the dealer show you the "warranty booklet".

I bought the Elite plan primarily for the transferability. The extra coverages are nice, and I plan on keeping this car for a very long time, but it's a very uncertain time in the economy, and if I were to lose my job and be forced to sell my car, I'll have what amounts to a 39 month/56K mile warranty that will come with my car, something most other 1st Gen sedans on the market won't have. I got the extra coverage and peace of mind for my $695. Personally, I would get the warranty through Infiniti and just roll it into the price of the car. You're talking about $20-$30 a month.

And be very careful going 3rd party. A co-worker bought a car around the time I did and got a 3rd party warranty. He had tranny problems almost immediately, and while they covered the big stuff, he had to pay over $500 for a lot of little stuff. They had to replace the fluids/filter when they rebuilt the transmission, the tranny was covered, the fluids/filter were not. The fine print on a 3rd party warranty will kill you. And he was on the phone many, many times getting approvals and all kinds of BS. I felt really bad for him (as I gazed out the window at my immaculate G). Get the Elite plan or get a 3rd party warranty that you've researched extensively and already negotiated a price on. Do not get a 3rd party directly from the dealer.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Damn thats a great price. I paid more than that for a 3 year. Now Im pissed I would have been all over a cheaper deal with an extra year.GRRRR

Old 03-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
If you're referring to the $695 from my post, that was just to take my certified pre-owned up to the Elite Extended Plan, which gave me an extra year and the extra coverages. It did not include the extra I paid for the car because it was a Certified Pre-owned Infiniti. I was just mentioning the price because I was able to negotiate it down from the retail price.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:39 PM
dhl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought a 6 yr/70k Infiniti Elite Extended Warranty with $100 deductible for my 2005 G35x w/25k miles on it and it was $1,394.00. Now my G35x is covered until 2014/95k miles.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
If you're referring to the $695 from my post, that was just to take my certified pre-owned up to the Elite Extended Plan, which gave me an extra year and the extra coverages. It did not include the extra I paid for the car because it was a Certified Pre-owned Infiniti. I was just mentioning the price because I was able to negotiate it down from the retail price.
I meant the op but you got a good deal too as far as coverage . Im covered till july 2010 0r 97k I think. I also have the elite but I dont remember anything about going certified for an extra year of coverage. Then again I did not buy my car from an infiniti dealer just the warranty.