G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

KeyLess Entry Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 01:56 PM
EPM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KeyLess Entry Question

I have tried to search for the answer to my question to no avail, and I am wondering if someone would help me out. My girl just recently purchased a used 06 G35 Coupe, it has everything bu the Navi. However it did not come with a keyless entry keyfob. There is a redlight on the dashboard, the key will open the trunk from the driver's door, etc. I have been on various reselller sites, ie; ebay, etc. and have only come back confused as to what fob I should buy for her. I see the plain black fob, the intelli key fob, etc...and then there is the whole programming it to work on her G35. When the previous owner turned the car in she obviously didnt return it with the key fob. It's an awesome car but opening the door with only the key is getting old.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Great Site by the way...Regards,
Q

Old 03-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would assume that you would have to go to the stealership and have the fobs ordered. That's the easiest way but probably the most expensive as well.

I would be shocked to know that you can order a keyfob off the internet and actually make it work without Infiniti intervention. The reason being someone could steal the vehicle and order keys and keep it moving.

But I digress; perhaps some of the more seasoned member has a better answer for you.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
There are two fobs

Look at the ignition. If it's a standard ignition with a visible key slot and looks like any other vehicle, then you get the base keyless entry fob

If it looks like a **** like you use on your oven at home and has a flapper door blocking the key port, then it's an Intelligent Key-equipped car and you'll need to buy some I-keys.

The standard keyless remote only unlocks the doors and pops the trunk

The i-key will do the same by the remote but will also allow you to open the doors and trunk by pressing a button on the handle and start the ignition without ever taking it from your pocket.