G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Insurance claim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insurance claim

Hey guys,
I recently totalled my 06 6mt and Insurance is offering to give me 21000 for it. I thought this was very low considering it only had 21000 miles on it and all the options including nav. I was online trying to look for comperable cars to show my insurance but i havent had much luck looking for one. Does anyone know of any records or anything that I could show what its really worth? Thank you

Old 04-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
http://www.kbb.com
http://www.nadaguides.com
http://www.edmunds.com
http://www.autotrader.com
http://www.cars.com

They all have calculators. OK, the last 2 may not, but they have actual cars to compare yours with.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:45 AM
it will be a long post, but take your time and read it, very valuable
Hey, don't give up, i had the same issue when part of my house burned down with two cars, they gave me a list of cars and they did "adjustments" based on the age, gross weight (it was a express van), miles, options
don't sign anything till you have a settlement with the insurance, i'm more than glad to help in your case cause i hate those ........... with passion, anyway they should give you a list of "comparable" vehicles, pay close attention how they do their numbers, that is what i wrote to my insurance adjuster showing him how their own procedure works

"A clear example of how the estimate is done, 171$ for 53k over the 142k that we had, while 1921$ for the difference of 40k under the 142k that we had.
The last page provides vehicles with Odometer unlisted, yet adjustments are given bases on the year and model. For every mile that vehicle is over the 142k we received an adjustmet of +0.00322$ / mile, but if the vehicle is under the 142k that we had insurance makes an adjustment of -0.048025$ / mile.

Autotrader.com
Ad Date 10/23/2008
847 537 7000
Wheeling, IL
2000 Chevy Express Cargo G20 4x2
Odo: 102,452
VIN: 1GCGG25R411231587

Take Price 5,400$ Adjusted Value 3,479$
Difference of 1921$ money wise, difference in miles by 40k under the 142k that we had on our van

Autotrader.com
Ad date 10/14/2008
708 865 8700
Melrose Park, IL
2000 Chevy Express Cargo G10 4x2
Odometer of 236,000
Take price 1995$, adjusted value 2,976$
Difference of 981$ money wise and difference in miles 94k along with difference in model
"
Calculate how they give credit to themselves for a "comparable" vehicle with the miles lower than yours, and how you get "credit" for a car with higher miles, I'm sure you will notice a difference.

If you need any help let me know.

EDIT: taking a quick look at auto trader, they should offer you something in the range of 26k$ those are one hell of a sneaky bastards till you pay the premium everything is fine, once they need to pay you they cutting every corner possible, if a adjuster tells you "well that is a listed price, i'm sure they will knock some $ off" ask him if he will go and bargain for you, cause u don't have time for it.

Last edited by AdrianPL; 04-28-2009 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:26 AM
I had my 01 I30 totaled last year. I pulled together the all the similar listings in my zip code and the surrounding 100 miles for reference. I also sent them receipts for the new tires I had just purchased. If you had any other recent upgrades then send them also. They will tell you that they do not reimburse for tires etc...but they do. I know people that had been fully reimbursed, but was only successful to get them to pay for half. You really have to be a harda$$ when dealing with the insurance company. I keep refusing their offers and eventually they raised the offer to what was acceptable to me. I keep stating that a replacement with new tires would cost X and I deserve a comparable replacement. Keep in mind that insurance companies do not work fast and they hold the cards, so time is not on your side. It took me over a month to settle and that was with my insurance company. The wreck was not my fault...I was in the middle of a 5 car accident where a teenager rear ended the car behind me and he hit me and so on. I had to go through mine because the other insurance company would not return phone call and my car was not safe enough to drive...had to get into a rental. I had to pay my deductible, but 6 months later it was returned to me after they settle.

Good luck....Insurance companies are a pain, but necessary.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:28 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
are your headlights still in good condition? if so, ill buy them from you.