The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

newborn in coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newborn in coupe?

im sure someone has already asked about this.. but im considering buying an 05 6spd G coupe.. but we are expecting.. i was wondering if you guys can inform me of how safe and how BIG a pain it is.. I wont be toting the baby around alllll the time but just want to make sure its safe and not to problematic thanks for your help and comments..

Old 05-28-2009, 03:20 PM
I haven't tried it yet, but I think it'll be a pain in the ****. Trying to get the infant car seat through the small opening can't be easy...

Old 05-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JDMjin
im sure someone has already asked about this.. but im considering buying an 05 6spd G coupe.. but we are expecting.. i was wondering if you guys can inform me of how safe and how BIG a pain it is.. I wont be toting the baby around alllll the time but just want to make sure its safe and not to problematic thanks for your help and comments..
Couple pains I can see for ya...

One, is having the baby in the carrier locked into one of those docking station things. He/she will be facing backwards and that big *** window is merciless with sun light. So, If you do get it, you may wanna tint it immediately. But, even then, you will will have the sun beating in through there.

Two, its a two door... nuff said really. Getting the carrier in and out will turn into a chore. Also, you have to consider stroller space in the trunk. I dont know about yall, but (when I was married) we had the damn monster eddie bauer edition stroller with the 20"s and diaper carrier...yadda yadda (jokeing about the 20"s). But it was monstrous and I could not see pulling that monster in and out of the coupes trunk.

So... with a newborn... I dont think its a good idea. Just my opinion. Once he/she is a touch older, then I could see getting one. Like when they are able to face forward in their child seats. Again, I base that mainly on that damn back window.

Like right now, my son is 4, and when I have in his little booster seat deal; hes good to go. But, he is also comfortable wearing sun glasses and stuff too. So, its not that big of a deal.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
I had both my kids in my coupe. It was a struggle at times but worth it IMO.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
i fit 2 kids with 2 baby seats in more car... dont have to anymore since nephews grew up but when i did... it was fine.. they loved it!

Old 05-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Pain in the ****, yes, but worth it to have the G coupe.

I have a coupe, but there are truly some beautiful sedans out there too. My suggestion: definitely do not rule out the coupe, but take the sedan for a test ride and go through some of the sedan pictures here on Driver to get some ideas of the modding possibilities.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Definitely able to be done, but can be very hassling!

Old 05-28-2009, 04:34 PM
that's the reason why I bought a sedan. plus, if you plan on having another one, getting two with the car seats will be enough of a headache.

part of being a daddy is making sacrifices. however, getting the G35 sedan is hardly a sacrifice for me....

Old 05-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
I did it and wouldnt have changed it for the world. The infant seat fit perfectly in there and the rear lip fit perfectly above the seat and below the headrest...so no scraping the leather!

I felt it was safer to have my daughter in there than in my truck...and I didnt want to go get a new car for a year and a half. My entire family has 2 doors, and we did it growing up, so I didnt think it was an issue for mine...and I was right!

Good luck with it,,,and try to test fit some seats before you buy. Babies r us will let you test fit the seats before you buy fyi!

Old 05-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
dont those baby seat scuff up the leather seats back there???

Old 05-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by blaccG35
dont those baby seat scuff up the leather seats back there???
They can, but its easy enough to throw a towel down or something under them and problem solved. I have a towel under my sons booster seat to protect from scuffing and any indention's the seat may leave.

Personally, if it were me, I would take one of the sedans for a spin. I had one as a loaner while I had my g looked at, and to be honest, I thought they were quite comfy while still being semi-pimp.

Whichever way you go, good luck, and congrats on your new coming addition.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Don't listen to all that negative b.s. about issues with a coupe. Sure there are times when a sedan would be easier but who wants to drive a (old folks) 4 door....any issue you have will be worth driving a coupe. I raised two kids in coupes with all the diaper bags and stuff you gotta hawl around and never regreted it....ever! Issues with heat from the rear window can be solved by having window tint....easy fix!
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 05-28-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:10 PM
<--12 More Years

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have mine and no problem man, like the other member said is worth the small hassle IMO. Plus my Kid loves the exhaust note. Although, the G is not our only car since my girl has a four door car, but is not like it keeps us from using G whenever we want. Even with the two doors, two baby bags, car seat/base, and a stroller on the trunk (yeah is a small mission to get it in there, but hey is not that bad if I want to drive the G instead of the Corolla). After all, that is one of the reason why I bought a G35 Coupe instead of a Z, so when the day of having a child arrived they can ride with me on the back seat.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:26 PM
i have two kids and i have no probs at all... the towel trick works great and the tink of course .. the wify naggs a bit but thats cause she cant drive a 6speed... i would teach her but the "g" is off limits...lol than she'll think she can drive it..

Old 05-28-2009, 09:36 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Buy a sedan and mod it. Just a little. Then a little more. Then a little more. You get the idea. It's way more versatile and besides, everyone knows a sedan is faster than a coupe anyway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: newborn in coupe?