The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

I got ripped off anyone wanna buy my G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Damn, that sucks. I would move first before fixing up any car again.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:15 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
dam thats fcuked up shat man..why not claim insurance???

Old 06-07-2009, 04:53 AM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
from the looks of your rims.. its like you havent washed your car for like a year.. ur rims are like all cover with rust. Did u leave it in your garage for a long time?

Old 06-07-2009, 05:03 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
G parts must be worth a lot of $$$$ where you are at..

Old 06-07-2009, 06:39 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
He cannot use insurance because he only has liability.

He is looking at about 5k for repair and paint. I guess he figures it is easier just to sell whats left and get a different car.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by izzueeek
from the looks of your rims.. its like you havent washed your car for like a year.. ur rims are like all cover with rust. Did u leave it in your garage for a long time?
I was just going to comment on this! That is pure brake dust! If you wanted bronze rims there are better methods!! So the theives stole the parts and gave you a free car cover? or was the car already under the cover? I am surprised they didn't grab other items like the Brembos. Very odd I say.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee

He is looking at about 5k for repair and paint. I guess he figures it is easier just to sell whats left and get a different car.
Might be more if they did a dirty job and just started cutting the harness to remove the front end.

Sorry for your loss but isn't there anything that building management can do.
Don't they have insurance for things like this.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:30 AM
If they were doing it for money they would have taken the ecxpensive parts first, wheels, brakes, air bags, and seats first. That means they work at a body shop and have a crashed G35 then they can buy the parts from Infiniti for full price, and after the insurance company writes out the check they will return all the parts to Infiniti and use your. They stole those parts because they have a car that needs them. Start making phone calls because the police would not figure that out because they dont know what parts cost. Trust me I work at a body shop and we get "recoverd thefts" all the time, people dont steal fenders that they can buy for $100 unless they can get full price for them.

Some one said that some one must have seen it. Sorry but I could do that in 20 minutes so I can see it happning.

Pm me your lowest price you will take cash, your close enough for me come get it.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
How can you own a G35 and not have more than liability? Even if you have a aftermarket alarm and it's locked up in a garage it's just smart to have better coverage....this kinda loss sucks!
Gary

Old 06-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
How can you own a G35 and not have more than liability? Even if you have a aftermarket alarm and it's locked up in a garage it's just smart to have better coverage....this kinda loss sucks!
Gary
Urban, that totally sucks. I had someone key an Audi I used to have in the garage where I worked (public parking). They knew what they were doing too. A single line from the hood, front fender, both doors, rear fender, trunk, to the rear bumper. Yours was theft, mine was just some jealous *****.

I agree with Gary, you gotta get better coverage on whatever car you get next. The extra monthly cost is peanuts compared to this, plus you get peace of mind.

PPG, what's your ballpark estimate on repair costs. Someone said $5K, but that seems kinda high. Urban, since it's all out of pocket anyway, I would think repairing is a far better option than buying another car.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
5k is actually on the low side (assuming you get used parts and do most the work yourself). It was mentioned before, they were in a hurry so they would not take the time to do things right. Most likely all the harnesses were just cut. Plus the paint alone will run about 2k for the entire front end. Infiniti parts are not cheap either.

I just had a head on collision in my G35. Fenders, bumper, radiator, headlights, hood (actually pretty much everything that was taken)...had to be replaced. My estimate was around 15k. I wonder if it was whoever bought my car, since it is in the same area

Old 06-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Insurance would be more then 5k, but seeing as he is a member here you can buy stock hood for $150 and fenders for $200 bumper $100 and the other stuff you can buy after market if no one has it in the market place. I could do it my self for 1k but thats because im a painter. If you have to pay for labor thats were it will cost, doing it at home, it would be done in a weekend

Not trying to jack your thread to make money but I have a hood and both fenders I can sell if you want to fix it.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Gary
Thats what I was about to say!

My grandma drives a 93 Civic with 48K miles. I still make sure she has full coverage on that thing.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:45 PM
wtf... that is wrong... that same thing happen to me with my honda and luckly the ppl left finger prints and they got cought and take to jail... but i was able to get my parts back and the ins. money... lol... i would jut rebuild and paint the car a different color... good luck..

Old 06-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Damn...Ill buy your Brembos! sorry this happened to you, but you know what they say...what goes around comes around. Don't be suprised if you find out that a stolen van with G35 parts combusted into a ball of flames on the highway next week.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I got ripped off anyone wanna buy my G