The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Accessories for G35 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2009 | 04:19 PM
|
Question Accessories for G35 Coupe?

I'll be picking up my 2006 G35 Coupe on Saturday Just curious what supplies I should get from my local car store?

What's the best interior cleaner to take care of the leather seats, dashboard, etc.? Is Febrese safe on leather?

What is the best brand of air freshener?

Best tire and wheel cleaner?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-17-2009 | 04:25 PM
There is a detailing portion of our forum that goes over all this!

Check it out, lots to be learned.

Good luck with the car!

Old 06-17-2009 | 04:27 PM
|
Originally Posted by 4DGS
There is a detailing portion of our forum that goes over all this!

Check it out, lots to be learned.

Good luck with the car!
Thanks!

Old 06-17-2009 | 07:04 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Premier Member
I'll give you one recommendation. Zaino's Leather in a Bottle. Conditions and softens your leather, has serious UV inhibitors in it to protect from the sun, and best of all is made with real leather oil. Makes you car smell great.

They also have an awesome line of all kinds of detail products. Check out zainostore.com.

Old 06-17-2009 | 07:45 PM
Welcome to Driver....but not until Saturday! =)

First rule....don't use anything on your car that's used inside the house....no exceptions! I use Zymol leather cleaner along with their conditioner, Target sell it for half price what I used to pay. They also sell Zymol liquid cleaner wax much cheaper than auto parts stores....don't forget the applicator pads to apply the wax and micro towels to remove the excess wax. (much better than cotton towels or t-shirts....no swirls) Once you clean/condition your interior you won't need anything to make it smell better. Tires/Wheels be very carefull what you clean the wheels with, many products will remove the clearcoat. Just frequently clean with water and a sponge. Tires....anything that will keep them black! Saturday will be like your Birthday, New Years and Christmas all in one day....
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 06-17-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-18-2009 | 12:16 PM
|
Originally Posted by gary c
First rule....don't use anything on your car that's used inside the house....no exceptions! I use Zymol leather cleaner along with their conditioner, Target sell it for half price what I used to pay. They also sell Zymol liquid cleaner wax much cheaper than auto parts stores....don't forget the applicator pads to apply the wax and micro towels to remove the excess wax. (much better than cotton towels or t-shirts....no swirls) Once you clean/condition your interior you won't need anything to make it smell better. Tires/Wheels be very carefull what you clean the wheels with, many products will remove the clearcoat. Just frequently clean with water and a sponge. Tires....anything that will keep them black! Saturday will be like your Birthday, New Years and Christmas all in one day....
Gary
Hi Gary!

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

Leather: I've been told Zaino's is the best? I will check my local target for Zymol as well.

Air-Freshener: "Squash" seems to be well liked on these boards. But as you said, if my car is cleaned properly, I shouldn't need an air-freshener.

Wheels: The rims are black. Do you know of any specific cleaners I should be using for black rims or should I just use water and a sponge?

Tires: I used to use that tire spray for my old car (Toyota Celica). It's like a $5 spray you spritz on the tires to keep them shiny and glossy looking. Would you recommend this or is it bad if it drips down onto the rims?

Dashboard: Would those Armour-All wipes suffice?

Febrese: They make Febrese for Automobiles. Should I use this on the mats and stuff?

Old 06-18-2009 | 04:39 PM
You can use auto wash soap to clean your wheels, that and a sponge and they'll stay looking good. Here's another don't....I don't care who does the commercials or how cool they look don't use Armor All on your interior. Once you close your car Armor All evaporates to the inside of your windows then you have a challenge ever getting them clean. More do nots....when doing your tires buy the tire applicator sponges at Target (two will last you a year) apply the tire dressing to the applicator and wipe down the tires. When you just use an aerosol the spray goes everywhere, wheels and painted car surface....you don't need that. Clean your mats with Folex rug shampoo, best cleaner on the market....it works! (I know it's a household product....one exception to my rules....LOL) Zaino isn't the best, just one of the choices you have to make. I like Zymol much better because it keeps my leather seats baby bottom soft and eliminates cracks....
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 06-18-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-18-2009 | 05:13 PM
Personally I would not use Febreze Auto.
I'd assume it would have some kind of perfume scent to it.
Febreze is for removing odors, but your car shouldn't have any to begin with.

I use 303 Aerospace Protectant on the interior.
It doesn't make the leather or dash too shiny, it protects and it's scentless.
The only thing I want to smell when I get into my ride is the sweet smell of leather.
And sometimes burning rubber.

Old 06-18-2009 | 10:16 PM
Aerospace 303 and Zaino are great products.

Old 06-19-2009 | 09:44 AM
|
Question

Originally Posted by irishsig
Personally I would not use Febreze Auto.
I'd assume it would have some kind of perfume scent to it.
Febreze is for removing odors, but your car shouldn't have any to begin with.

I use 303 Aerospace Protectant on the interior.
It doesn't make the leather or dash too shiny, it protects and it's scentless.
The only thing I want to smell when I get into my ride is the sweet smell of leather.
And sometimes burning rubber.
Can either 303 Aerospace or Zaino's be purchased at my local Pep Boys or do they both have to be ordered online?

Old 06-19-2009 | 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by ToDie4G35Coupes
Can either 303 Aerospace or Zaino's be purchased at my local Pep Boys or do they both have to be ordered online?
Online only, as far as I know.
Amazon is a good place to order AP 303.
Sometime you can get free shipping.
For Zaino, the best place is prob just their website.

http://www.zainostore.com/

Old 06-19-2009 | 01:07 PM
|
Online only, as far as I know.
Amazon is a good place to order AP 303.
Sometime you can get free shipping.
For Zaino, the best place is prob just their website.

http://www.zainostore.com/
Thanks!

I'm ordering a bottle of their leather cleaner right now. Before I put my order though, do you recommend any of their other products? Should I get their car wash product? I might as well get everything I need now to save on shipping. Please let me know what you recommend, I greatly appreciate it.

Old 06-19-2009 | 02:26 PM
Well I usually buy whatever they have at auto zone or pep boys when it comes to soap.
All the auto carwash soap is pretty much going to be the same.
But when it comes to wax, that's a diff story.
I have yet to use Zaino, but in my past research I have found that is a favorite on this forum.
A lot of people love the results it just takes a long time to apply all the layers.

Right now I'm using up the last of my Meguiars Quick Detail Spray (got a bunch at a huge discount).
Once that is done I'm prob going to try Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0.
I've heard a lot of good things about this wax and it doesn't cost an arm & a leg.

Amazon again has it for the best price and if you buy up to $25 free shipping.

Old 06-19-2009 | 05:50 PM
Well I usually buy whatever they have at auto zone or pep boys when it comes to soap.
All the auto carwash soap is pretty much going to be the same.
But when it comes to wax, that's a diff story.
I have yet to use Zaino, but in my past research I have found that is a favorite on this forum.
A lot of people love the results it just takes a long time to apply all the layers.

Right now I'm using up the last of my Meguiars Quick Detail Spray (got a bunch at a huge discount).
Once that is done I'm prob going to try Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0.
I've heard a lot of good things about this wax and it doesn't cost an arm & a leg.

Amazon again has it for the best price and if you buy up to $25 free shipping.
I bought some of the NXT Tech Wax 2.0 and my silver G came out awesome. I would definitely recommend it!

Old 06-19-2009 | 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by jcaramia
I bought some of the NXT Tech Wax 2.0 and my silver G came out awesome. I would definitely recommend it!
It depends on what color the car is. Lighter colors generally look better with sealants, darker with carnauba waxes. NXT is more of a sealant. NXT looks great for about 2-3 weeks(Very short), and badly stains trim. It's good besides that though.

OP, Collinite 915 looks amazing and lasts about 6 months. Bilt-Hamber Auto Balm looks very good and lasts a long time too, and is great at filling in swirls. Zanio is good for leather, 303 Aerospace for the dash/engine, A2Z Eagle One rim and tire cleaner.

Other various things:
Folex for carpets (Lowe's)
Quality Microfiber towel's (Online, Pepboy's has some good ones)
Poorboy's Wheel Sealant for Rims and Exhaust (Online)
Meg's Gold Class is a good OTC shampoo that won't strip wax (Autozone)
Clay Magic Blue Clay bar (Autozone)
Meguiars All-Metal polish for exhaust tips (Autozone)
Stoner's Invisible Glass (Autozone)
Meguiars Last Touch, cut 1:1 with distilled water for QD.

That's all I can think of now, that will keep your car in top shape. I would get it detailed and then maintain it with the products I mentioned.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Accessories for G35 Coupe?