The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Selling the G :( what now?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2009 | 05:07 AM
As much fun as an S4 would be the repairs/maintnence/parts prices will kill you. Even though it sucks and isnt the fun/cool thing get out from under the G before you have to let the upkeep slip. Have you thought about a 4wd truck or SUV? Would work well in winter. Look at Tacomas or 4Runners. Good reliability so you can just drive it and do regular maintnence stuff while in school. Get done with school and then look for the fun car.

Dont let a car rule your life. Find something else and move on as much as it sucks.

Old 07-26-2009 | 06:13 AM
Honestly, it depends what your looking to do with it. Do you want to mod it like crazy? Do you want a nice car to chill and relax with? Do you want a car just with speed, but comfort too? My buddy used to work for Subaru and built up an STI, and 2 WRX's. He just sold his 04 M3 for an 03 WRX(I know, i know...but the M3 was found to be in a wreck). He put MAYBE $500 in it, and it MOVES! Albeit, not his everyday car, but he has a $400 beater to drive everyday.

I was thinking about picking up an EVO VIII, and modding it and having fun. However, i would have to have another car just to use as a daily driver. It would be a TON of fun to mod the Evo, but youll just be dumping the same amount of money as you would to just buy an M. I might just upgrade to an M, and call it a day. Either way, your choice depends on what route you wanna go with your car. Think about it, and make the best choice from there.

BTW...S4 Turbo's are some of the shortest lasting turbos. My buddy has an 04 S4 and he blew them at 15k miles. S4's require a LOT of maintenance.

Old 07-26-2009 | 09:16 AM
I'd say forget about the S4. If your intentions is to lower your cost of living while attending school, get an old Civic. Dirt cheap to fix, and even cheaper insurance. Plus with a Civic you'll be less tempted to blow the little money you may have on mods.

Old 07-26-2009 | 09:25 AM
buy what you can afford

Old 07-26-2009 | 10:00 AM
I'm switching my cars around myself. I found a lease deal on a 2009 subaru legacy for 199 a month. I'm waiting for delivery sometime next week, but for 199 a month, you really can't beat it.

Old 07-26-2009 | 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by infinitisport
hey guys,

S4? - ain't much of a downgrade - chick car
smoked too many of them...

honestly dude - wanna a cool car & can't keep up w payments? quit school & work full time - that's what i did - still banging ho's left & right man
wow you are one dumb person gl banging dumb hoes because it wont last long. I'd like to see how u smoke 4.2 v8 s4 with your G. My friend owns one and not too many people even wanna **** with him like that.

Old 07-26-2009 | 10:23 AM
2.5 rs?

Old 07-26-2009 | 10:25 AM
im gonna throw some cheap alternatives at you. RX-8, accord 05-06 (best accord of the past 10 years and better than new models), nissan se R (great car but hard to find).

Old 07-26-2009 | 01:11 PM
Buy what you can afford, if you are trading in the G then get a car thats reliable and affordable. Your end goal is to save money, not to play the role of a high roller while in college.

Old 07-26-2009 | 02:43 PM
Hokase

Originally Posted by SHOKASE
wow you are one dumb person gl banging dumb hoes because it wont last long. I'd like to see how u smoke 4.2 v8 s4 with your G. My friend owns one and not too many people even wanna **** with him like that.
yeah, but yo friend ain't seen my dyck yet, once he does he be so scare he shyts in his pants and can't drive properly to beat me on a straight awaaaaaay...

you just SHOWKASE your dumba$$ to millions of people - gotcha

Old 07-26-2009 | 08:22 PM
Just buy an Explorer/Blazer, something with 4x4. It's practical if you're worried about the snow. Then try to save up as much as possible while in college, then buy what you really want.

I know it'll be tough for me to keep up with payments while in college, luckily I've already got the first year waiting for me in my bank, and will have another year and a half once I sell my Mustang, making it pretty easy to keep up on them.

Good luck though.

Old 07-27-2009 | 04:27 AM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Buy a 2004 G35x so you can stay in the club.
wat are you trying to say janik? bastard lol

Old 07-27-2009 | 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by infinitisport
hey guys,

S4? - ain't much of a downgrade - chick car
smoked too many of them...

honestly dude - wanna a cool car & can't keep up w payments? quit school & work full time - that's what i did - still banging ho's left & right man
Whatever you do, definitely don't follow this guy's advice.

Just sell the G, buy something cheap and reliable, finish school, get a job and buy a new G.

Old 07-27-2009 | 04:21 PM
My Suggestion: Follow what the people are saying about buying something cheap and reliable. Yeah you're going to be going to college and it's nice to have a V-magnet, but it'll be in your best interests to get something that will get you through your years of school so you can graduate and get a good job. You'll be making the money you'll need to be able to afford a nicer car then.

If you don't want to go this route and you still want something fun that you can mod I'm going to agree with the GTI or GLI suggestion. They're great, fun little cars that you can have an awesome time with, if modded properly. Back in my high school and college days I bought myself a GTI VR6 and I threw on a turbo kit with some nice wheels and a suspension. People (including myself) went bonkers over that thing. That wasn't cheap either though. I worked my b@lls off for that thing and the mods I did to it. Anyway, if you want a cheaper car that you can mod and have fun with go with the GTI or GLI 1.8t or 2.0t. Can't go wrong.

Just my .02

Old 07-27-2009 | 04:33 PM
G15
Is the car paid off? If so just cut the insurance on it and ride a bike until u have enough money to buy a ****ty honda that u can use at college. Garage the G, cover it, but dont let it rot. When college ends or when you get more money resurrect her and enjoy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Selling the G :( what now?