G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

thinking someone tried breaking into my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:27 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by stclairwest
Where can we find these shock sensors?
Every radio shop I know of carries/installs shock sensors. They can be added to your OEM alarm so if someone jacks up your G or breaks a window the alarm is set off. Had one installed a few years ago for $35 plus install, that's very cheap insurance....that works!
Gary

Old 08-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
hey gary how much sensors would i need???

Old 08-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
I've had the exact same thing happen to me someone popped off the key cover one morning and tried to pop the lock but didn't get in it was just an attempt so next morning fixed it by buying a key hole delete that way I'd throw off amateur thieves then went ahead and installed a razor blade inside the lock where you have to use to pop the door open so I'll have DNA evidence next time And I also cleaned out the garage best way to go

Old 08-16-2009, 01:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by curryboyyİ
I've had the exact same thing happen to me someone popped off the key cover one morning and tried to pop the lock but didn't get in it was just an attempt so next morning fixed it by buying a key hole delete that way I'd throw off amateur thieves then went ahead and installed a razor blade inside the lock where you have to use to pop the door open so I'll have DNA evidence next time And I also cleaned out the garage best way to go
haha, gotta be one step ahead of those basterds

Old 08-16-2009, 02:38 AM
^ thats right you give them an inch they'll take a mile you know how it goes haha

Old 08-16-2009, 03:46 AM
^ thats right you give them an inch they'll take a mile you know how it goes haha
what you do is wire your alarm to your kickers in the back trunk. that way if they try to break in they get BLASTED literally

Old 08-16-2009, 04:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any one here tried the alarm system that plugs into the lighter socket?
We have there here at canadian tire dont know if it is available as another aftermarket product.?

Old 08-16-2009, 04:35 AM
Originally Posted by LR-G
Any one here tried the alarm system that plugs into the lighter socket?
We have there here at canadian tire dont know if it is available as another aftermarket product.?
why would u do that?

Old 08-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
then went ahead and installed a razor blade inside the lock where you have to use to pop the door open so I'll have DNA evidence next time
You can be sued for this if someone is cut, and unfortunately, you'll probably lose. You can't intentionally try to injure someone in order to protect property, and this would fall into that category. At least in most states.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like you need one of these...

Old 08-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
You can be sued for this if someone is cut, and unfortunately, you'll probably lose. You can't intentionally try to injure someone in order to protect property, and this would fall into that category. At least in most states.
Maybe it is, Im not sure about Ca. but I put it inside the door by the window so if your gonna F*&^ with it intentionally then I dont see how it would be my fault...Its not outside the door handle so there's no way a person trying to pull the handle could injure themselves. But thanks for the heads up, I think overall I"ll take my chances rather than loosing my car

Old 08-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Maybe it is, Im not sure about Ca. but I put it inside the door by the window so if your gonna F*&^ with it intentionally then I dont see how it would be my fault...Its not outside the door handle so there's no way a person trying to pull the handle could injure themselves. But thanks for the heads up, I think overall I"ll take my chances rather than loosing my car
Doesn't matter where it is, it's all about the intent. It would be your fault because you put it there with the intent of harming someone. There's really no other reason to have a blade in a location like that. And it doesn't matter if they're trying to steal it or not, you can't intentionally try to hurt someone in order to protect property. Maybe in one of those so-called red states like Texas or Montana, but probably not California. I can put some thorny bushes underneath the windows of my house and if a burglar gets beat up by them I'm not at fault, but I can't put a booby trap in place that shoots him full of darts/needles if he tries to break in.

BTW, I don't care if you do it or not, just be careful. And if you ever get your door worked on by someone else, for cripes sake please remember to take it out first!

Old 08-17-2009, 12:04 AM
screw the thieves! haha, trying to find a way to stick a samurai sword in the keyhole, theyll be in for a haha

Old 08-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by JizZLe23
sounds like you need one of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdLLdh1xECg
omg, that was so hilarious

the road rage 1 = +1

theres a lot of crazy drivers on the road.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
Doesn't matter where it is, it's all about the intent. It would be your fault because you put it there with the intent of harming someone. There's really no other reason to have a blade in a location like that. And it doesn't matter if they're trying to steal it or not, you can't intentionally try to hurt someone in order to protect property. Maybe in one of those so-called red states like Texas or Montana, but probably not California. I can put some thorny bushes underneath the windows of my house and if a burglar gets beat up by them I'm not at fault, but I can't put a booby trap in place that shoots him full of darts/needles if he tries to break in.

BTW, I don't care if you do it or not, just be careful. And if you ever get your door worked on by someone else, for cripes sake please remember to take it out first!

Thanks BuckeyeInMI, I will keep that In mind if someone does work on my car other than me lol
But yeah screw thieves!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: thinking someone tried breaking into my car