The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Couple of questions from an almost buyer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Couple of questions from an almost buyer

I checked out a nice 06 G35 6MT coupe today. About 34k miles, Nav, good condition. I noticed a couple of things in the car that I wanted to ask about as a newb:

1. The dealer didn't have the remote for keyless entry into the car. And he just had one key. How tough is it to get a replacement remote from Infiniti and whats the process for it? And how do you get a second key?

2. I noticed the passenger side seat had a lever to push the seat up for someone to get into the back. When using the lever, the chair itself doesn't move forward, just the seat incline moves forward and I had to use the seat control buttons to the left of the passenger seat to move the entire seat forward; a bit annoying. Is this how its supposed to be? I could've sworn that I tested this in an 04 or 05 coupe and there was a higher lever that moved both the lumbar and the entire seat forward.

3. There is a lever and a button behind both front seats. The ppl in the back can use the little button to move the entire seat forward. This button wasn't working on the driver seat. Is this covered in the warranty?

Thanks for the help and I'm really looking forward to finally get my G!

Old 11-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Max_Powers
I checked out a nice 06 G35 6MT coupe today. About 34k miles, Nav, good condition. I noticed a couple of things in the car that I wanted to ask about as a newb:

1. The dealer didn't have the remote for keyless entry into the car. And he just had one key. How tough is it to get a replacement remote from Infiniti and whats the process for it? And how do you get a second key?
Have the dealer buy you the keyless entry key fob and key. First off there really should be two for the car and two keys. Second it can cost you more than you may count on to get the set and have them programmed.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
^ yup. My car only had 1 key, we made sure they gave us another before we signed.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:12 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
You're looking at about $150 for keys and fobs.

Sounds like the seats are broken, the button is most likely under warranty though.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seats can be repaired if youre still under warranty.

As for the key and to get it programmed... it will cost around $280~ roughly

And for the remote fob, you can order a used one from ebay and just program it yourself $30~ roughly so you can save money instead of going to a stealership for that.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by klee
Seats can be repaired if youre still under warranty.

As for the key and to get it programmed... it will cost around $280~ roughly

And for the remote fob, you can order a used one from ebay and just program it yourself $30~ roughly so you can save money instead of going to a stealership for that.
This I think should be done by the one selling the car or at least is a factor to use in determination of the price of the vehicle. If purchasing the keys and having them programmed (the car should come with two) is lets say $300 then either the keys should be provided with the purchase or the price of the car should reflect this $300.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks guys for the responses. pfarmer, I agree with you that I want the dealer to get the extra key and keyfob. Firstly, its gonna cost me to get something that should be part of the car. Secondly, I don't wanna worry about these kinda things right when I get the car, I just wanna enjoy the car initially.

I wasn't sure of the seat controls but I'll def. mention it to him so he can get that fixed as well before I pick it up. I'm not too worried about that as the warranty will take care of it.

Are there any other things I should look out for? As soon as I get this car, I have to do an oil consumption check. The warranty is good till May of next year.

Trending Topics

Old 11-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
~$35 for the remote off ebay and here are the programming instructions:

http://www.infinitihelp.com/diy/comm...am_key_fob.htm

Old 11-02-2009, 11:51 PM
As far as the seats: The back of the seat (using the latch) has to be moved forward before you can hit the small button for the seat to automatically move all the way forward. Also, if you hit it again while it's forward, it will return to exactly where it was before.

It's a pain in the *** either way, it's always super slow. Hence the reason that I decline to give more than one person a ride.

"But you have a backseat" "Right, and you have legs, see you there"

Old 11-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Lmao, PublicEnemy I might start using that line. Thanks EncoreCestMoi for the link. I'll probably need to order it myself cuz the dealer is not providing a second key or a keyfob saying that to sell cars at these prices they don't provide additional keys or sometimes manuals (this car has the manual though).

Which brings me to my next question and thats is this price low enough for them to make this claim?

Its a 2006 6MT coupe with Nav with 34k miles. It doesn't have the Rear Active Steer or any of the other amenities of the Premium package (not entirely sure what else the package includes). It has memory seats which I didn't check but the buttons were there. I don't think it has anything other than what comes standard in a 6MT coupe.

I've gotten the price down to $21.5k. What do you guys think? Is it worth it even without the additional key and keyfob or should I keep pushing them to cover the cost of keys?

Old 11-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
No that dealer is an idiot. You can probably get one with every option including nav with 30k flat for $21,000 that guy is talking out his ***.

I would say offer 19,000 and if he says no just leave. He might counter and say $20,000 then it's up to you. But he's making it seem like he has super cheap deals, when he's pretty much on par.

But for that price I would keep looking. I am in the market for a Z right now and I am finding those with every option and around the same miles for $16,000

Don't rush your search, because if you settle for one that was 7/10 you'll find a 10/10 two weeks after you buy the car.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:26 AM
I hear you 4DGS but I'm in the Northeast. Prices here are pretty high for some reason. This is the best deal I've found so far.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:23 PM
good luck on the seat button,mine worked half the time.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Ok so with a lil persistence I got the dealership to get me the extra key and keyfob, so I'm happy. I'll be picking up the car next week...man I'm excited

The 19' wheels look great on this thing and I wasn't sure if it has premium sound but I just searched the forums and read that if its got a Bose system then its premium....so I'm good

Since the car was made in 01/06, OC test will be required.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:04 PM
One funny thing I gotta mention though. When checking out the car my friend took out the dipstick to check the oil and it literally took us 15 mins to put it back in. Its so tough to figure out where it goes. Do u guys have the same problem? Why would Infiniti punish its customers for checking the oil? lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Couple of questions from an almost buyer