The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Wheel Swap Question/ Opinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel Swap Question/ Opinion

I need yalls help on something. I am probably going to be getting rid of my 05 G coupe. Wife wants and FX35. So after the trade I will get her car 03 G Sedan. My coupe has the Rays 19" wheels and her car has the plain 17" wheels. I was thinking about swapping the wheels on the cars because I really want to keep the 19s. I have a few questions though.

1. Will I need spacers to make the Sedan wheels fit the coupe? If so where can I get some?

2. The coupe has the tire pressure monitoring system in its wheels. If those wheels are removed from the car will that trigger a warning light of any kind?

3. Do dealerships care what type of wheels are on the car as long as they somewhat match, like both of them being from Infinitis? This wouldnt cause them to give less trade in for the car would it?

Any opinions on what I should do?

Old 12-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
1. No spacers they fit great as is.
2. You have to drive like 30 miles before the car realizes the TPMS is not there. The dealer won't notice.
3. You will probably get less money for it on the trade, I have a feeling you're going to put the sedan wheels on. They look similar to the coupes base model wheels, so you'll probably be fine there, but the offsets and wheel widths are all wrong and it will look stupid as hell. Dealer will probably notice that.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
I have seen may coupes with 17" 7-spokes. Yes, the coupe will have a touch lower trade value due to not having premium wheels. But if you are swapping an Infiniti for an Infiniti, you should have some wiggle room when dealing.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by Starscream
I need yalls help on something. I am probably going to be getting rid of my 05 G coupe. Wife wants and FX35. So after the trade I will get her car 03 G Sedan. My coupe has the Rays 19" wheels and her car has the plain 17" wheels. I was thinking about swapping the wheels on the cars because I really want to keep the 19s. I have a few questions though.

1. Will I need spacers to make the Sedan wheels fit the coupe? If so where can I get some?

2. The coupe has the tire pressure monitoring system in its wheels. If those wheels are removed from the car will that trigger a warning light of any kind?

3. Do dealerships care what type of wheels are on the car as long as they somewhat match, like both of them being from Infinitis? This wouldnt cause them to give less trade in for the car would it?

Any opinions on what I should do?
The OEM 19" wheels will fit the sedan, spacers will not be needed due to fitment. You'll need to have your TPS recalibrated when you put them on the sedan....Nissan. HAHA....not sure if the dealership will accept the coupe with those 17" wheels, all you can do is try?
Gary

Old 12-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
is it the 17" 7 spoke desgin thats a little concaved? if so, those came on some auto non premium coupes

Old 12-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I kind of figured that the 19s would fit the sedan withought any other parts, I was more worried about the 17s fitting the coupe. They are the 17" 7 spoke design and I have seen them on the coupes before but Im not sure about the offset. The front and rear tires off the sedan are the same width, the 19s as you all know are staggered. If the sedan came with the TPS then getting them recalibrated will be no problem. I just dont know if it came with or not.