The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Just finished my G35 Review!! Comments please?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2010 | 10:15 AM
Not bad, vid needs work but you know that. Make sure everything you say is correct and don't repeat what you've already mentioned. You could have shown the trunk where there's only room for one set of golf clubs....
Gary

Old 04-29-2010 | 03:14 PM
|
More good points. Keep in mind I have no intention of competing with Top Gear. They are just reviewing all kinds of random cars and saying how they feel. With me you already know how I feel just knowing I produced review video because If I don't like it, I'm not gonna waste my time talking about it. So if I do a review you automatically know I love it. I try to be as informative as possible just to be thorough but really the idea is just to share products I like with everybody else.

If I like it enough to talk about it then you know it's good quality and well worth the money. You will have to determine if it's right for you by getting more information elsewhere. I just vouch for the product and provide you with a snapshot.

I agree about the trunk. That was certainly worth mentioning. Also the back seat. Think it would be good to let everyone know my height and then show me sitting in the back seat so you can see how much room it has...or doesn't have..

Originally Posted by gary c
Not bad, vid needs work but you know that. Make sure everything you say is correct and don't repeat what you've already mentioned. You could have shown the trunk where there's only room for one set of golf clubs....
Gary

Old 04-29-2010 | 03:20 PM
|
That is tough especially when you are doing it on the spot without adequate preparation. Funny story is we were supposed to have a G35 caravan the next morning...I thought it was the morning I shot this. I decided to rather than cry about it, to take advantage of the beautiful weather and the fact that I had all my gear and to just go shoot a G-35 video to get things rolling with my channel.

I need access to more than just my own vehicles so I'm going with the idea that people are more willing to help out when they can SEE what you are trying to do.

Originally Posted by gary c
Gary

Old 04-29-2010 | 03:25 PM
nice play! You have the voice for this man. I think you shouldve gone a little longer, making note of exhaust note, cool keyfob features(remote roll down), trunk pop button, LED tails, HID headlights, and the redline bein slightly higher...oh and all the stash compartments for the potheads hahaa jp jp GOOD WORK tho man!

Old 04-29-2010 | 06:43 PM
|
I did feel like having more extended exhaust sounds footage. I actually recorded some really good sounds already. Think during the driving part(part 3), I will show some extended driving shots with the sounds overlaid. Think anybody who loves the G35 sound like I do will appreciate that much since it's clean and clear with almost no wind noise. Reving, idle, high rpm, rpm sonic sweet spot!

Originally Posted by sillyoldtayo
nice play! You have the voice for this man. I think you shouldve gone a little longer, making note of exhaust note, cool keyfob features(remote roll down), trunk pop button, LED tails, HID headlights, and the redline bein slightly higher...oh and all the stash compartments for the potheads hahaa jp jp GOOD WORK tho man!

Old 05-03-2010 | 08:10 PM
Looks good, but it still has a long ways to go.

Old 05-31-2010 | 02:56 PM
|
Trailer is done! Added some new G35 shots!

I'm really happy with how it turned out. I only hope others will enjoy it as much as I do! Next I will do an extended trailer and then my second piece will be the Lamborghini and Lotus cars. Check out the Drophead in the end!

Old 05-31-2010 | 03:19 PM
Can't wait for part 3!!

I like the reviews but only one thing annoyed me was the repetitive info.

Old 05-31-2010 | 09:32 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
Very good job with the Trailer

Old 05-31-2010 | 10:16 PM
The only 2007 "change" was the 293HP rating according to the latest SAE testing standard. 298 in prior years due to "ram air" effect at high speeds. Otherwise same as 2006 which is where many of the minor cosmetic changes came to the coupe.

I might spend less time talking about the autodim/homelink mirror which is a very common product used in many car brands. Maybe talk about something unique such as how the memory seats are tied to each key FOB. That's a truly cool feature and would be impressive in video demonstration. You demonstrated the memory seats/steering wheel, why not show how the remote ties into that feature?

Other items that could be mentioned: VLSD on the 6MT. Demonstrate rear seat entry assist (and don't complain about how slow it is - they're all that slow). Demonstrate window rolldown from keyfob. Demonstrate window rollup from keylock cylinder on door. Show the programmable shift light indicator. Show how silly the dipstick location is.

Not sure why your car has so much seatbelt trouble. I think that's to be expected on a coupe, but mine really isn't that bad.

Fun to see someone making a review of our "old" car. Very nice, I enjoyed watching!!!!!

Old 05-31-2010 | 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by visualfxpro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sdu-td_UYk

I'm really happy with how it turned out. I only hope others will enjoy it as much as I do! Next I will do an extended trailer and then my second piece will be the Lamborghini and Lotus cars. Check out the Drophead in the end!
Very nice! Short enough to leave me wanting more; I can't wait for the extended one.