G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   The G-Spot (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot-185/)
-   -   First G35 2JZ Swap!!! (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/354724-first-g35-2jz-swap.html)

G352JZ 10-21-2010 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by gshadyz (Post 5429071)
Was it worth it my man :dunno: i was think of doing the 2jz swap as will :drool: do all your gauges work???????? an let downs

"Was it worth it?" I think thats what i would be asking someone who sunk enough money into a VQ to make a reliable 800 to 900 WHP. And before anyone gets upset. I am not knocking the VQ, but I think we all agree that you have to sink quite a bit into building the engine before you can run that kind of power and still have a daily drive you dont have to worry about. So from my point of view the cost alone that we can offer a swap for is probally the same or even less than what you would spend on bulding a VQ. Now of course on top of that you have all the parts like a turbo, intercooler, piping, injectors, etc. and all of that is going to run the same if not less for the 2JZ just because of product availability. So when it is all said and done if you just want 400 WHP you need to mod a VQ, but if you are going to eventually try and make big numbers like we plan to do, or race the car you are better off just swapping the engine.

Please no one get offended!!! This is just my point of view and I do see all sides. And if you do spend the money and build a VQ I have just as much respect for you.

If anyone is interested in doing the swap please hit me up on my website G352JZ.com and we can help you out with parts or doing the whole swap.

eurodre 10-21-2010 02:00 PM

oh yah gotcha that was youthen.. good stuff man good info thanks for the share

jutn35 10-21-2010 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by G352JZ (Post 5430479)
"Was it worth it?" I think thats what i would be asking someone who sunk enough money into a VQ to make a reliable 800 to 900 WHP. And before anyone gets upset. I am not knocking the VQ, but I think we all agree that you have to sink quite a bit into building the engine before you can run that kind of power and still have a daily drive you dont have to worry about. So from my point of view the cost alone that we can offer a swap for is probally the same or even less than what you would spend on bulding a VQ. Now of course on top of that you have all the parts like a turbo, intercooler, piping, injectors, etc. and all of that is going to run the same if not less for the 2JZ just because of product availability. So when it is all said and done if you just want 400 WHP you need to mod a VQ, but if you are going to eventually try and make big numbers like we plan to do, or race the car you are better off just swapping the engine.

Please no one get offended!!! This is just my point of view and I do see all sides. And if you do spend the money and build a VQ I have just as much respect for you.

If anyone is interested in doing the swap please hit me up on my website G352JZ.com and we can help you out with parts or doing the whole swap.

I aint offended , i agree with what you say, the 2jz is a more powerful and easier to mod engine to make high numbers. Its made of iron so it can handle the hp

DrewLe 10-21-2010 05:19 PM

Sick swap and mad props. Subscribed for more info.

My brother in law did a 2jz swap in his 97 sc300 back in the day and it was a BEAST! Of course it's easier to do the swap in an sc than a G35 though lol

str8dum1 10-22-2010 01:47 PM

Nice! LS2 swap still makes more sense for the same money.

Jeff92se 10-22-2010 01:59 PM

people go with what they know. If you have knowledge of the 2JZ then people will tend to go that route. I bet the weight penalty isn't that bad if you compare with with a VQ with all the turbos/plumbing etc..

lowso 10-22-2010 03:07 PM

interesting. with money anything can be done lol

wish i won the lottery :(

JdM_G35 10-22-2010 03:30 PM

i would have went ls2 if i was going to go outside the nissan family, but 2jz's can make sick power with low cash

Jeff92se 10-22-2010 03:36 PM

I appreciate the build and understand his reasoning. The fact that they rewired the harness to allow all the Infiniti systems to work with the Toyota ECU is very nice.

The 2JZ motor is very capable and proven. I'd take this over a RB swap.

gtoor1990 10-22-2010 04:59 PM

Propz bro i heard of this a few times never seen it done. It's sick!!!

NFSP G35 10-22-2010 05:05 PM

Should'a swapped an LS motor.

Amays U G37S 10-22-2010 08:19 PM

A 2jz with a big juice and that thing will make sick power

i've seen huge turbos on 2jz's and its increadible

these numbers are not anything to what that 2jz can hold, with $30k in the motor

Amazing swap, and a great chassis

Rodrigo 10-22-2010 09:00 PM

incredible swap, i know a few guys in ftlauderdale making big power on 2jz engines .some fully built other stock internals .

congrats , truly amazing work.

couple of questions,

your using the 2jz supra ecu with safc piggy back?
does the AC still function ?

VIP-STATUS 10-23-2010 01:07 PM

Thats a Gangsta swap ... its kinda like Thailand ... if you even look at there cheap taxis LOL those thing have 2j's all day long hahaha even FWD volvo's which are of course converted to RWD hahah Nice build man ... i was waiting for some one to do this swap! looks good ... must of been a pricey project even if you were to do all the work your self!

Now you need some fat *** tires to make it stick ;)

fcfromhell 10-24-2010 06:20 AM

other then the color that thing is bad ***, one of my favorite cars + my favorite engine nice work