The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

how long will our G last?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
I dont get why people say theyre gonna keep their cars til the wheels fall off.... who wants a 10 or 15+ year old car when you can get a newer one that looks better and has better technology?
some car can last long time until its out of date...like an Acura NSX, its almost 20 years old and it still look great, drives great...
I believe G35 can last really long too. its out since 2003 and still looks futuristic...plus it look much better than g37. and g37 just came out 08. likely they not going to change a new generation until 2015...and to me there is no better looking car than g35 in the market in its price range... so thats y I think im going to drive her until her wheel falls off

Old 10-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
170,000KM over here, no problems. YET.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by soysssauce
some car can last long time until its out of date...like an Acura NSX, its almost 20 years old and it still look great, drives great...
I believe G35 can last really long too. its out since 2003 and still looks futuristic...plus it look much better than g37. and g37 just came out 08. likely they not going to change a new generation until 2015...and to me there is no better looking car than g35 in the market in its price range... so thats y I think im going to drive her until her wheel falls off
Aggreed. If you care for your car and do the right mods you can keep it looking like a new car and you get attached to it

Old 10-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
i got a 06 coupe with 98,835 miles.. running strong with mods

Old 10-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
if its a 6mt I would keep an eye on the oil level..lol

judging by you not knowing what tranny means I would guess you have an auto.

the vq30 and vq engines seem to last for quite a while, I saw a 00-01 maxima for sale with over 400k on it, so assuming you dont have an oil consumption problem I thin the G should last a long time, although at the rate you are putting on miles you won't see 100k until about 2026 so I wouldn't worry too much..just check that oil

Old 10-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
my plans (if i have the money by that time) is to do an engine swap when that time comes...but still only at 50k nooo problems here

Old 10-29-2010, 10:29 AM
what engine swap?

Old 10-29-2010, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol at massios

Old 10-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust
if its a 6mt I would keep an eye on the oil level..lol

judging by you not knowing what tranny means I would guess you have an auto.

the vq30 and vq engines seem to last for quite a while, I saw a 00-01 maxima for sale with over 400k on it, so assuming you dont have an oil consumption problem I thin the G should last a long time, although at the rate you are putting on miles you won't see 100k until about 2026 so I wouldn't worry too much..just check that oil

lol...i just got the car used..it was some guys weekend car, thats y it has so low mile on it...i generally drives abt 10-12k mile a year......and yea I have auto, I dont kno what a tranny is because I am a noob....

Old 10-29-2010, 12:40 PM
should last a long time if u take care of it, just dont take too much care of it but like using fuel and oil additives or flushing things. im sure if you stick to the factory service intervals and dont fill it with free gas from the junk yard you will be fine. also dont neutral drop it..lol

Old 10-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
i got 30k on it and i have the 100k warranty on it, once i hit that, its on to the M56X..;-D

Old 10-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
I dont get why people say theyre gonna keep their cars til the wheels fall off.... who wants a 10 or 15+ year old car when you can get a newer one that looks better and has better technology?
People who enjoy not having a car note and don't feel the need to chase every new trend that hits the market.

"Looks better" is a matter of taste.

My G is nearly 6 years old. It has 32K and not a mark on it except for the normal minor front end chips. I'd be an idiot to trade it just to chase a trend. New cars will be just as new and just as nice when I do decide to trade, and in the mean time I have no car note..

It really depends on what your values are I guess.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Massios
Lolol

03 sedan...145,000 mobil 1 every 3k...really doesn't feel like I lost a step either...still looks mint too

Old 10-30-2010, 02:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
People who enjoy not having a car note and don't feel the need to chase every new trend that hits the market.

"Looks better" is a matter of taste.

My G is nearly 6 years old. It has 32K and not a mark on it except for the normal minor front end chips. I'd be an idiot to trade it just to chase a trend. New cars will be just as new and just as nice when I do decide to trade, and in the mean time I have no car note..

It really depends on what your values are I guess.
i agree with you i used to switch cars every three years until i got the g and i asked myself why do i need to have the latest car? i don't i like my g there's always going to be something better but who cares. like gee willikers said people just want chase trends and get noticed, besides i'd rather have a classic you don't see to many classic cars around, but i'd run outta of numbers counting the latest bmw's, benz's or whatever new car comes out

Old 10-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
I would have liked some of the new trends. USB input for iPod. Even mp3 support on the CD player. Satellite radio. Bluetooth integration.

Or even just some other stuff like a car without the scratches and the scraped paint on the bumper.

But individually, none of these has arisen to the level that I want another car payment

The car still drives fine, is fun to drive, and has all the power I need. Even if I'm a little tired of the color.

4 years of no car payments means I have $23000 in savings for my next car, whenever I want to get one, since I continued my payments into savings over the last 4 years. So I would only be about $5000 short, with tradein, if I wanted to go and get the G25x, or comparable car from another company.

I'm safe until the same thing happens that did 7 1/2 years ago. I see a car that I fall in love with and end up deciding I have to have. The biggest thing keeping me from buying a new Infiniti is that I already have one. I think that the few new features, and 72000 fewer miles, isn't worth it when I can just keep my current one for much cheaper.

I figure I'm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how long will our G last?