The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Scam Alert: CVR Motorsports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 07:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Scam Alert: CVR Motorsports

Hey guys, just thought i'd share my experience with CVR Motorsports. I was searching on google and saw that a few people order parts from these guys, so i thought i would chip in my $0.02.

On 27 October i ordered an exhaust from them via the my350z site and paid via paypal. I chose CVR Motorsports because they seemed to have a pretty good reputation for good communication and shipping things promptly. They told me it would take about 10 days to ship it to me in Australia. Needless to say, two months later, it still hasn’t arrived.

PM’d Mark @ CVR Motorsports on the 4th of November to see if it had shipped: no it hadn’t, the CVR guys had all been at SEMA but I would have a tracking number Monday (8 November). Well, fair enough I thought.

So I waited until the 10th and PM’d again asking for a tracking number: Mark responded the next day saying they were just waiting for the driver to pick it up. No problem I thought.

So I waited another week and no tracking number. So I sent another PM on the 17th telling Mark I had not received a tracking number. He responded the next day, saying that they were “not on the forums very much anymore” and could I please call their office between 1pm and 7pm. They are based in New York so it’s an international phone call. I tried several times over the next few days and all I ever got was an answering machine.

I PM’d twice on the 20th, explaining that I couldn’t get through to anyone at their office via telephone and I asked if there was a problem with my order. I also gave them my number and asked if they could call me instead. No response to either msg.

On the 23rd of November I went to the CVR Motorsports website (CVR Motorsports) and filled out the contact form explaining who I was and that I wasn’t getting a response to my PMs on my350z.com.

I PM’d again on the 24th asking for a response to my last messages.
Finally, I received an email from Mark @ CVR Motorsports on the 24th: “the owner has been away from work due to a personal leave pertaining to a relatives illness. I will have tracking for you tomorrow as he was able to get this to the freight company, and Im told arrival will be within 10 days or less”. So I thought finally, it’s been shipped.

But no, that was a lie – again. I emailed on the 26th asking for the tracking number. I got no response.

I emailed again on the 30th asking for the tracking number. I got a reply on the same day from Mark @ CVR Motorsports saying that he’s been very busy but he will be sending it tonight (don’t forget: he’s already told me twice that he’s sent it.) So I sent him an email reminding him of this fact and to clarify if he was sending me the exhaust or the tracking number: no response.

So then I really cracked the s****. I emailed Mark on 1 December and told him that if I didn’t have a tracking number or my money back in 48 hours I would:
- I will lodge a fraud complaint with Paypal.
- I will lodge a similar complaint with my350z.com
- I will publish our chain of emails along with our private message history from my350z.com on every car forum I can and warn people not to deal with CVR motorsports.

I was emailed a tracking number the next day (2 December). I thought: this is finally over, exhaust is on it’s way! The exhaust was to be air freighted by Pilot Air Freight.

Alas, no. I checked the tracking number over the next few days: “AWAITING PICKUP”. I waited and waited, and still it said the same thing. I emailed the CVR Motorsports orders department on the 9th and twice on the 10th. I again reminded them that if they didn’t respond, I’d lodge complaints with paypal etc. No response to all three messages.

On 14 December I called Pilot Air Freight. Whilst they had a record of my name and address, they did not have the exhaust and couldn’t pick it up until CVR were ready. What had happened was CVR had just placed a shipping order to obtain a tracking number to give to me so I would think that my exhaust was being shipped. So I emailed CVR again and asked them to chase up the shipping company, but no response.

On 15 December, I called and left an answering machine message and sent two more emails, asking for my money back. I also lodged a complaint with the mods on my350z.com (who have been fantastic by the way).

On 16 December CVR Motorsports emailed me and told me that they were sorry and that they will return my money: but they didn't actually return it to me. I dont understand this. Why write me a relatively long email explaining i can have my money back but not spend an extra two minutes to log on to paypal and ACTUALLY SEND IT BACK?????

Then over the next few days i sent several more emails and made 3 international phone calls: no response.

In the meantime, there are stories springing up all over the about bouncing cheques, money going missing and calls and emails that are never returned. Don't order from these guys, you will regret it.

I know lots of people rave about CVR Motorsports saying they are have good prices, ship quickly and respond to correspondence promptly, but that’s not been my experience. I will never deal with them again and I would never recommend them to anyone else. They lied to me repeatedly and I’m out of pocket over $1,300. To gain a benefit by deception = fraud. And that’s exactly what this is.

PS CVR have now been banned from every bulletin board owned by IB.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:56 AM
Sorry to here i had small problem with them took months but i took care of it just went straight to the supplier and got my ****.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
With my experience ordering wheels from the right coast I try really hard to only order parts from here in CA. Most everything is shipped/made here anyway so why not keep the sales here. Only down is the 10% sales tax but if I get scammed here at least I can go bang on their....
Gary

Old 12-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
scumbags

Old 12-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Wow that's horrible ! So did paypal give you your money back ?

Old 01-04-2011, 04:08 AM
nup, paypal wont refund me because CVR asked for the payment as a personal payment. stupid me didn't know any better.

Still haven't got my money out of CVR. they occasionally respond to messages, but very rarely and they just make excuses

i have heard on another forum that the owner, Chris Rivera, has cancer and his brother is struggling to hold the business together.

It doesn't explain all the bull**** and lies though.

I'm not holding out much hope for seeing my money.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:15 AM
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear...

But thank you for the heads up!

Old 01-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Dang mang

We will se how my **** progresses with them boys. I ordered some rotors three weeks ago and never recieved an order number or account registration, been checkin my email everyday. I used the vmail "contact us" form a week ago and haven't heard anything. I sent them a email regarding my order today so I guess we'll see whats up...ofcourse my card was charged for the order so if they don't give me a definite answer by Monday COB I call up the bank and file a fraudulant transaction. We will see. I will post up my results here. stay tunned guys!

Old 01-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Can't u just do a cc charge back??

Old 01-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Had a similar experience with them, mark called me a couple weeks later saying there had been $16k of stolen credit card charges on their account and that the bank had frozen their account.

I payed with paypal so he refunded me and referred me to http://jscspeed.com/ and got me a good deal.

Don't know who to believe. Mark was as nice as anyone could be in that situation.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
Can't u just do a cc charge back??
^This...

Old 01-09-2011, 07:21 PM
i didnt pay by CC. otherwise i wouldve done that weeks ago.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Massios
Had a similar experience with them, mark called me a couple weeks later saying there had been $16k of stolen credit card charges on their account and that the bank had frozen their account.

I payed with paypal so he refunded me and referred me to http://jscspeed.com/ and got me a good deal.

Don't know who to believe. Mark was as nice as anyone could be in that situation.
interesting. how long ago was that?

Mark has lied to me on so many occasions now. He's lied to other customers as well. he makes promises and never keeps them. full of ****.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
I ordered sometime before or after SEMA, and he told me the credit fraud happened during SEMA. Didn't sound like he lied to me over the phone. He instantly refunded me.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Isn't your papal connected to your cc??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Scam Alert: CVR Motorsports