G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   The G-Spot (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot-185/)
-   -   My G is Terrible in the Snow...Help! (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/363154-my-g-terrible-snow-help.html)

re-crue13 01-20-2011 11:12 AM

(enter Sarcasm mode)
I cant imagine why my boosted G wont go anywhere.
(Exit sarcasm mode)

Can any of you guys tell me at which point in the RPM range the turbo begins to spool? I thought it didn't engage until 2500-3000 rpm. If you're driving on snow, and you're driving a boosted G, and your turbo is spooling, then you're driving wrong for the situation. You want to learn to feather the accelerator, and really don't need to go past 3000 rpm. For braking on ice or snow, if your ABS engages, then you're braking wrong, you want to apply as much force but not enough to engage abs. Basically you will need to have your grandma teach you how she drives, so you drive like your grandma on snow.

re-crue13 01-20-2011 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by brazilsoccer15 (Post 5616104)
If anybody want to race just name a time and place and I'll bring my Evo X and smoke anybody.

If anybody want to race at Summit Point in West Virginia I will pay for track time but we will race for titles.

HAHAHAHA! Ok you know how to drive on snow, be happy for yourself, be happy you know how to do something the majority of drivers on the road are unable to do. Don't make this a claim thread of how much better you are than anybody else, I could claim that I learned to drive in a small ski town which gets up to 400" of snowfall and drove there for 7 years, but the point is to help other drivers not bash on them. So u got an evo x, good for you because I want one also, but don't go out and try to race for slips over the internet, and if you're claiming you know how to drive rwd on snow, take your rwd to the race. Everybody knows that rwd isn't the best for winter conditions, so why claim that you can drive AWD or even FWD for that matter. It's like a baby claiming it can suck its thumb, of course it can do it.

herrschaft 01-20-2011 11:38 AM

If anybody want to race just name a time and place and I'll bring my Evo X and smoke anybody.

If anybody want to race at Summit Point in West Virginia I will pay for track time but we will race for titles.

Fly your EVO over here to Afghanistan, I'll race you in a HMMWV.

Seriously, you completely missed what the OP was talking about.

Originally Posted by re-crue13 (Post 5616141)
Can any of you guys tell me at which point in the RPM range the turbo begins to spool? I thought it didn't engage until 2500-3000 rpm. If you're driving on snow, and you're driving a boosted G, and your turbo is spooling, then you're driving wrong for the situation. You want to learn to feather the accelerator, and really don't need to go past 3000 rpm. For braking on ice or snow, if your ABS engages, then you're braking wrong, you want to apply as much force but not enough to engage abs. Basically you will need to have your grandma teach you how she drives, so you drive like your grandma on snow.

Did you understand the first post? OP was being sarcastic

re-crue13 01-20-2011 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by herrschaft (Post 5616227)
Fly your EVO over here to Afghanistan, I'll race you in a HMMWV.

Seriously, you completely missed what the OP was talking about.

Did you understand the first post? OP was being sarcastic

I understood it, but i was asking for real

G2FLIP4 01-20-2011 11:56 AM

I've never seen such displays of stupidity! 1/2 you retards need to go back to school and work on your reading and comprehension skills cuz apparently the school system has FAILED....

Although its been stated multiple times already.... this thread is meant as a joke and wake up call to all you dumb sh;ts who can't seem to READ or SEARCH for topics that have been discussed 1000 times already!

ITS NOT A POST ABOUT DRIVING IN SNOW!!!

Its pretty much proving how stupid most of you are on this forum and prob in real too.

Jordan00711 01-20-2011 12:10 PM

O **** Brian O'Conner is on g35driver.com :eek:

EnerOnE 01-20-2011 01:03 PM

Snow? I've only seen this white substance in movies and pictures. Should I worry? I should get a set of snow tires just in case of el nino, man I'm going to lose sleep over this....:p

brazilsoccer15 01-20-2011 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by G2FLIP4 (Post 5616269)
I've never seen such displays of stupidity! 1/2 you retards need to go back to school and work on your reading and comprehension skills cuz apparently the school system has FAILED....

Although its been stated multiple times already.... this thread is meant as a joke and wake up call to all you dumb sh;ts who can't seem to READ or SEARCH for topics that have been discussed 1000 times already!

Its pretty much proving how stupid most of you are on this forum and prob in real too.

Tell the OP to change the title then. The title implies that the thread is about driving in the snow.

herrschaft 01-20-2011 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by brazilsoccer15 (Post 5616620)
Tell the OP to change the title then. The title implies that the thread is about driving in the snow.

If you actually read the post below, how did you think he was being serious? I pointed out some hints for you ;)

Originally Posted by g-adabout (Post 5588589)
In honor of all the great threads of people that cant search, dont do their research or simply cant figure out that "summer Preformance Tires" will NOT preform in the snow for reasons that I will not go into in this thread...This is my "Help - my G is terrible in the snow" contribution!

(enter Sarcasm mode)
My G is so Terrible in the snow that I refuse to drive it in the winter even with my Blizzaks on! I mean, I think I will have a better chance with my BMW motorcycle with summer tires on...Do they make snow chaines for my moto? Moderators please dont move my thread to the motorcycle section as this relates to Gs! I cant imagine why my boosted G wont go anywhere. Do tread compounds of summer tires prevent traction in the snow in ice? Show me proof! Why are are you haters telling me that I should search before I start a new thread on something that has been posted and discussed over a 1000 times? Why would someone post up an answer that is sarcastic instead of answering the simple question? I am too young and too busy to preform a simple search on winter traction issues and reasearch tires compound differences...
(Exit sarcasm mode)

Enjoy the day Fellow veteran G35 drivers that know how to search and take the time to research before you post up!

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/a...00513-1908.jpg

doeboy 01-20-2011 03:23 PM

He just doesn't get it even after everyone else makes funny/sarcasm remarks as well like these:

Originally Posted by herrschaft (Post 5589116)
Slicks will help with your traction issue. They grip the best on pavement therefore they will perform the best in the snow. If there is ice then simply go WOT, the tires will eventually find something to grip or they will blow and the rim will provide excellent traction as it digs into the road.

Studded tires, or so called "snow tires" don't do squat and are a waste of money. Plus, putting chains on your car just makes it look EMO. ;)

Op, whats this search you speak of? :icon14:

Originally Posted by G2FLIP4 (Post 5614928)
Heres your problem....

Youre not giving it enuf throttle. Try winding it up to 7k and then dumping the clutch, that should get you moving. If not you should probably try racing slicks... more contact area with the road! If that doesnt work, I heard they just came out with Teflon tire wraps for winter use... thatll get ya moving mad fast :driving:

But hey he has an Evo that can whoop us in a down hill race in over 2 feet of snow safely. I could probably beat him down, using the WOT methods and racing slicks pointed out above, but my car would probably be tore up and I might be dead or seriously injured lol. Damn newbs..internet smack talk is like winning the Special Olympics and not being "special"

re-crue13 01-20-2011 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by G2FLIP4 (Post 5616269)

Its pretty much proving how stupid most of you are
on this forum and prob in real too.

That's a mean thing to say, I was actually trying to leave some kind of helpful post to this waste of a thread. Instead of making a thread ranting about how clueless some people are when it comes to using the forum, how about making a thread to help people know how to drive their G on snow/ice? Kinda like the sticky on how to properly drive a G with a MT. I realize you were being sarcastic and making fun of newbs, and Mr. Evo X needs to control his Ricer instinct. Can a moderator please delete this thread, because it's getting nowhere with the bashing and sarcasm.

Xet 01-20-2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by brazilsoccer15 (Post 5616620)

Shut up already nub. Nobody cares, you failed to understand the post and are just being a pissy *** beotch. You were wrong, accept it and move on. Plus this isn't high school nobody cares about your "evo" and thinks you are cool, so just move on already.

I would rather you ask what intake to get than pretended to be a hotshot.

brazilsoccer15 01-20-2011 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Xet (Post 5617710)
Shut up already nub. Nobody cares, you failed to understand the post and are just being a pissy *** beotch. You were wrong, accept it and move on. Plus this isn't high school nobody cares about your "evo" and thinks you are cool, so just move on already.

I would rather you ask what intake to get than pretended to be a hotshot.

Whatever ***

TofuProductions 01-20-2011 09:51 PM

As I stated earlier.
OP is a fail.
/

brazilsoccer15 01-20-2011 10:07 PM

This whole thread is fail