G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   The G-Spot (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot-185/)
-   -   My G is Terrible in the Snow...Help! (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/363154-my-g-terrible-snow-help.html)

g-adabout 01-08-2011 11:34 AM

My G is Terrible in the Snow...Help!

In honor of all the great threads of people that cant search, dont do their research or simply cant figure out that "summer Preformance Tires" will NOT preform in the snow for reasons that I will not go into in this thread...This is my "Help - my G is terrible in the snow" contribution!

(enter Sarcasm mode)
My G is so Terrible in the snow that I refuse to drive it in the winter even with my Blizzaks on! I mean, I think I will have a better chance with my BMW motorcycle with summer tires on...Do they make snow chaines for my moto? Moderators please dont move my thread to the motorcycle section as this relates to Gs! I cant imagine why my boosted G wont go anywhere. Do tread compounds of summer tires prevent traction in the snow in ice? Show me proof! Why are are you haters telling me that I should search before I start a new thread on something that has been posted and discussed over a 1000 times? Why would someone post up an answer that is sarcastic instead of answering the simple question? I am too young and too busy to preform a simple search on winter traction issues and reasearch tires compound differences...
(Exit sarcasm mode)

Enjoy the day Fellow veteran G35 drivers that know how to search and take the time to research before you post up!

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/a...00513-1908.jpg

SilverMamba 01-08-2011 12:24 PM

lol...i think the g is great in the snow. I have been caught in some major storms this year and gotten through them easily.

I think people just need to learn how to drive!

herrschaft 01-08-2011 04:57 PM

Slicks will help with your traction issue. They grip the best on pavement therefore they will perform the best in the snow. If there is ice then simply go WOT, the tires will eventually find something to grip or they will blow and the rim will provide excellent traction as it digs into the road.

Studded tires, or so called "snow tires" don't do squat and are a waste of money. Plus, putting chains on your car just makes it look EMO. ;)

Op, whats this search you speak of? :icon14:

g-adabout 01-08-2011 10:32 PM

hahahahaa, I drove my G in the snow for 4 years before boost...now I am thinking of putting some truck tires and wheels, jack up the suspension and go for broke...do they make lift kits for our cars for winter? and does anyone know any bolt patterns for trucks rims that will fit my G?

super6 01-09-2011 10:19 PM

are you asking why your RWD G is bad in the snow? you probably have really wide tires too im guessing, blizzaks will make it better but its still RWD.

Wrathernaut 01-09-2011 11:56 PM

Here's my answer, backed up by real Science®.

Well, you know how oil and water don't mix, right? Well I just dump mineral oil all over my summer tires. The ice can't touch my tires now so my traction is even better than in the summer.

That gets me moving, but how about turning? That's where even more Science® gets put to use. We all know the first law of thermodynamics, right? That's the one that states that a thermometer, connected to a dynamo (electric generator) makes the laws. So where do you think you'll get a dynamo in the year 2011? Well, if you remembered more of your basic science, you'd know that moving a piece of metal through a coil of wire generates a current. Any kid will tell you that mercury is both a delicious metal *and* makes a great thermometer. So by simply spraying a circle of mercury on your tire, you've got instant thermodynamics! So the ice obeys your laws, the laws of tires, and gets out of the way.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

g-adabout 01-10-2011 03:45 PM

I am not looking for answers as I already figured this out without having to post up and ask a question that has been discussed a thousand times.

This thread was to make fun of those people that do so. So I appreciated the comments, but I was hoping to get more sarcastic or people tearing me down for starting a thread like this...

booooo! hahahahaa I am NOT serious here in this thead!

Originally Posted by super6 (Post 5591322)
are you asking why your RWD G is bad in the snow? you probably have really wide tires too im guessing, blizzaks will make it better but its still RWD.

I have blizzaks and love them!

Originally Posted by Wrathernaut (Post 5591498)
Here's my answer, backed up by real Science®.

Well, you know how oil and water don't mix, right? Well I just dump mineral oil all over my summer tires. The ice can't touch my tires now so my traction is even better than in the summer.

That gets me moving, but how about turning? That's where even more Science® gets put to use. We all know the first law of thermodynamics, right? That's the one that states that a thermometer, connected to a dynamo (electric generator) makes the laws. So where do you think you'll get a dynamo in the year 2011? Well, if you remembered more of your basic science, you'd know that moving a piece of metal through a coil of wire generates a current. Any kid will tell you that mercury is both a delicious metal *and* makes a great thermometer. So by simply spraying a circle of mercury on your tire, you've got instant thermodynamics! So the ice obeys your laws, the laws of tires, and gets out of the way.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Fantastic answer! I have often discribed it the same way without all the scientific stuff! hahahhahaa

TofuProductions 01-19-2011 04:52 AM

Lol.
Nice.

I've driven my g with dunlop sp winter tires, for 2 years here in Chicago. No problems.

:)

rebellious-D 01-19-2011 08:29 PM

luckily where im from the snow is here for like a day than whatevers ont he road just melts. luckily no crazy snow storms yet

G2FLIP4 01-19-2011 09:28 PM

Heres your problem....

Youre not giving it enuf throttle. Try winding it up to 7k and then dumping the clutch, that should get you moving. If not you should probably try racing slicks... more contact area with the road! If that doesnt work, I heard they just came out with Teflon tire wraps for winter use... thatll get ya moving mad fast :driving:

brazilsoccer15 01-19-2011 11:21 PM

RWD is crap in snow you need AWD for snow

G2FLIP4 01-19-2011 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by brazilsoccer15 (Post 5615241)
RWD is crap in snow you need AWD for snow

Godamm... do newbs even read anything past the 1st post of a thread....? Or the even read the 1st sentence for that matter?

brazilsoccer15 01-19-2011 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by G2FLIP4 (Post 5615279)
Godamm... do newbs even read anything past the 1st post of a thread....? Or the even read the 1st sentence for that matter?

I read the first post and he was talking about tires but RWD doesn't work in the snow and nobody else posted about that.

And I have been a member for 7 months

Xet 01-20-2011 02:25 AM

I would try heating your tires up with a blow dryer or something before you go driving, melts snow to the pavement = traction!! Or I would just take off my wheels and put skis on the fronts and tank treads on the rear and roll like that.

Jairen 01-20-2011 03:24 AM

You all are doing it wrong by buying snow tires. COMPLETE waste of time.

Imagine a G DUMPED on a set of these. EPIC.

Wait for it....

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/048/2...218048_979.jpg