The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

My letter to Kearny Mesa Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down My letter to Kearny Mesa Infiniti

I just brought my '04 coupe in this week for the factory airbag recall. The dealership tried to rob me (of course), so when I got an email from the manager asking me to rate the service, here was my response.

Dear Mr. Green,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my comments with you. While everyone at Kearny Mesa Infinitit was friendly, and my car was worked on in a timely manner, I have to say that I am completely appalled by the lack of honesty of your service department.

I brought my car in because of the recall on the airbag harness on my 2004 G35 Coupe. On Monday morning, my airbag light started flashing, so I thought the recall might have something to do with it. However, I also changed my in-cabin air filter on Sunday and unplugged the wires behind my glove box to do so. So, I also thought unplugging these wires may have caused the airbag light to go off. I mentioned this to the service-man, but he told me that the airbag wires were not located behind the glove box and that could not be the reason. He also said that if the wire harness recall did not fix the problem, that they would reset the settings and see if that fixed the error light.

When my car was finished, I was told the recall problem did not fix the error light and that I would need a new airbag module at a cost of $770. I was also told that I needed new compression rod bushings and a new third break light.

As soon as I left, I began researching the problems. Within 5 minutes I discovered that the passenger airbag is located behind the glove box and the reason for the error was that I turned the ignition switch to "on" while I had the airbag unplugged. I did the airbag reset myself, and my problem is fixed. So not only was I lied to that the airbag wire was not connected at the glove box, the technicians never even did the reset! I can not believe I was told I needed to pay $770 for something that I fixed in under 30 seconds!

I can also not understand why the cost of fixing my compression rod bushings would not be covered by Infiniti. I know that Infiniti has changed the design of the bushing because the old design caused a tear in every vehicle's compression rod bushings. If a part is that week and constantly fails, why is there not a recall on the part? I am aware that the newer models do not even use the compression rod anymore because this was such a week link. My car has under 40K miles on it and has been very well taken care of, so I see no reason why I should have to pay for a part that has failed not because of high mileage, but because of manufacture defect.

As I was waiting for my car to be serviced, I was walking around the lot and looking at the new Infiniti models. I spoke with a very nice sales rep., who talked to me about trading in my G35 for a newer model. I was thinking how friendly the staff was, how much I like my G35, and how nice I think the new Infiniti models are, and that it might be time to trade in my car for something new. However, after the deciet of the service department and the lack of ownership for poor parts, I am not sure that I will ever buy another Infiniti again.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Any response? I like what you said.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
owned......actually infiniti tried to sell me on the thought I needed a a whole gauge cluster for my gas/fuel not filling all the way up. which was BS.

idiots i tell you.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by dukehotty
Any response? I like what you said.
Not yet. Literally just sent it. I will post it though, when (and if) I get one.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
"not understand why the cost of fixing my compression rod bushings would not be covered by Infiniti. I know that Infiniti has changed the design of the bushing because the old design caused a tear in every vehicle's compression rod bushings. If a part is that week and constantly fails, why is there not a recall on the part? I am aware that the newer models do not even use the compression rod anymore because this was such a week link"

should be "weak"

other than that, looks good. and sorry to hear they tried to rip you off

Old 03-02-2011, 06:33 PM
^haha thanks. I knew I should have proof read it, but was too (not "to" or "two") lazy.

I also should have added that I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau, just to shake him up a bit.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
I should take my car in and see what they say about my messed up piston rings.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Salesman sells the first car. Service department sells the next one. Looks like they missed out on the 'service sale'.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Compression rod bushing isn't a safety concern, therefore not a recall item.

However, I agree. Since Nissan F'd it up in the very beginning and issued a revised bushing, it should be replaced for free. BUT IT WON'T HAPPENED.

Same thing goes for the VQ35DE motor. Nissan has KNOWN that the pistons on these motors are CHEAP POS.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Buju On Friday
^haha thanks. I knew I should have proof read it, but was too (not "to" or "two") lazy.

I also should have added that I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau, just to shake him up a bit.
id save that for after he responds. dont want to jump in with a threat like that. it automatically sends any business into defense mode. wait to hear what he says back frst. mabye he will be willing to work something out

Old 03-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Buju On Friday

Sorry I think the better business bureau is a joke not going to lie. I had filed a complained and stated my facts well and the response from the company didn't even answer or address my complaints and guess who won that deal...

Old 03-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
yup km sucks dude... this is the one off convoy in san diego right

Old 03-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
Nicely written, and i've be pretty ticked off knowing i was lied to in order for them to make more money.

Let us know the response!

Old 03-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Subscribed for response.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by Songle6MT
Sorry I think the better business bureau is a joke not going to lie. I had filed a complained and stated my facts well and the response from the company didn't even answer or address my complaints and guess who won that deal...
I do not agree. I purchased a used car from Hollywood Motors. Long story short.. car was never smogged.. I had to do it.. it failed.. paid to have it pass and they were supposed to cover it and kept telling me they sent the check... Contacted BBB and had a check within two weeks from first email to BBB.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My letter to Kearny Mesa Infiniti