The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

VIDEO REQUEST:how to adjustrear oem style coilovers (mdu)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
VIDEO REQUEST:how to adjustrear oem style coilovers (mdu)

What's up everyone I know this is an odd request and it might seem like I am asking for to much so I apologize in advance.lol
I just got my mdu coilovers in and I've been reading and searching for the past 2days and I cannot find any helpfull info on how to adjust/set ride height/droop with the oem style coilovers.
The overall install seems easy and straight forward it's just the adjusting that's confusing the crap out of me.
so if anyone that has these coilovers and are planning on in the near future to adjust there ride height can you please make a small vid on how y'all are doing it?
Also if y'all have any pictures showing on how to do it can y'all please post it.
Thanks

Old 02-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey man, I have MDU coils on my G and you're not the only one who wasn't quite sure how to set them at first. When I first had them on they were definitely set too long/high. After I dramatically shortened them it helped lower my ride height to where I wanted. What I suggest doing is jacking up the front of the car, measure the wheel gap while the wheel is hanging then set it back down, lift up the back then adjust your shock height so that your wheel gap approximately matches your front. This is what I did to my car and I am happy with the results so I recommend the same.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by oehtHuxtable
Hey man, I have MDU coils on my G and you're not the only one who wasn't quite sure how to set them at first. When I first had them on they were definitely set too long/high. After I dramatically shortened them it helped lower my ride height to where I wanted. What I suggest doing is jacking up the front of the car, measure the wheel gap while the wheel is hanging then set it back down, lift up the back then adjust your shock height so that your wheel gap approximately matches your front. This is what I did to my car and I am happy with the results so I recommend the same.
Ok so just to make sure.
1.adjust front coilover the way I want,put wheel back on then measure wheel gap.right?
2.jack the rear of car and adjust shock put wheel back on then measure the gap to make sure it matchs the front wheel gap.right?

Old 02-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You got it. I'm pretty low but I think I have about 4 fingers wheel gap all over when the car is lifted. Maybe a lil more in the back.

The following users liked this post:
westbank23 (02-15-2012)