The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

4 months and the car still isnt done (vent)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2012 | 05:52 PM
|
4 months and the car still isnt done (vent)

Well I got home from a year in Kuwait/Iraq yesterday and came home to 27 boxes of goodies ordered for the bike and car. It was like christmas for me. The cars in the shop... still... so I proceeded to get the bike going but couldn't find my keys, so I called the guy doing the body work on the car to see if my keys are on my keyring, which they are. While on the phone he informs me that he is masking the car and should be painting it tonight. He then asks for an additional $1,500 when he delivers the car...

Now, when I originally talked to him he told me $3k for fixing all nicks and dings, installing the front, rear, and sides, and a complete re-spray the same color. He took the car in January and promised it would be finished by the time I returned home. I paid him the $3k and let him do his thing. About a month ago I asked if it was going to be done when I get home and he tells me the 28th of April (today). I was fine with this since I was getting home about that time so it should have worked out, but I was starting to get frustrated because he didn't communicate well, and it should have been done sooner than that but oh well. I then asked for pictures to see the progress but got nothing. Then I didn't hear from him for a couple weeks so I asked him again when it would be done and he tells me the 5th of May, that he is a one man team and he has stuff coming up so he doesn't want it after the 5th... really? So not only am I not happy that it wasn't finished when promised, but he pushed it back to the 5th, and now he asks for more $1,500 more.

I told him I'd think about it, but I'm not paying him any more for a late finished job. If he thought he was going to need more he should have asked me a long time ago and not on the day it was SUPPOSED to be finished. Its not like he hasn't had 4 months!

...and I still cant get my bike keys til tomorrow

Old 04-28-2012 | 05:55 PM
When you see him kick him in the nuts

The following users liked this post:
04 Blue G35 (05-03-2012)
Old 04-28-2012 | 05:55 PM
i would be pissed.

Old 04-28-2012 | 05:56 PM
key his shiit lol

Old 04-28-2012 | 05:57 PM
|
I gotta stay on good terms until my car is in the garage and finished.

Old 04-28-2012 | 06:01 PM
Well no sht. Lol
Then kick him in the nuts + key his sht+ rub dog sht all over car

Old 04-28-2012 | 06:02 PM
pay him with monopoly money.

Old 04-28-2012 | 06:06 PM

or maybe he will be cool with this lol

Old 04-28-2012 | 06:07 PM
Pay him with ***.

I mean gum

Old 04-28-2012 | 07:02 PM
I hate dealing with these type of motherf^ckers. Want to tie cement blocks to their legs and throw them in the river but you cant b/c they still have to finish your sh^t.

I stopped dealing with them and just decided to learn to do all my work on my car myself. Sounds like its time to take a visit to his place and actually check his progress and clearly explain ur expectations and leave all weapons at the house or you might be tempted to use it on his unreliable ***

Old 04-29-2012 | 01:47 PM
As long as you don't kill him, you can blame a lot of **** on PTSD. Not encouraging any type of foul behavior, just saying ...

And welcome back bro, sorry to hear you got stuck in Iraq/Kuwait... I mean sorry to hear about the car, yeah that's it.

Old 04-29-2012 | 01:51 PM
You have a written contract?

Old 04-29-2012 | 01:57 PM
Ridiculous.. shouldn't take that long and charging an extra $1500 out of nowhere is bullshit..

Old 04-29-2012 | 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by 2one8
Well I got home from a year in Kuwait/Iraq yesterday and came home to 27 boxes of goodies ordered for the bike and car. It was like christmas for me. The cars in the shop... still... so I proceeded to get the bike going but couldn't find my keys, so I called the guy doing the body work on the car to see if my keys are on my keyring, which they are. While on the phone he informs me that he is masking the car and should be painting it tonight. He then asks for an additional $1,500 when he delivers the car...

Now, when I originally talked to him he told me $3k for fixing all nicks and dings, installing the front, rear, and sides, and a complete re-spray the same color. He took the car in January and promised it would be finished by the time I returned home. I paid him the $3k and let him do his thing. About a month ago I asked if it was going to be done when I get home and he tells me the 28th of April (today). I was fine with this since I was getting home about that time so it should have worked out, but I was starting to get frustrated because he didn't communicate well, and it should have been done sooner than that but oh well. I then asked for pictures to see the progress but got nothing. Then I didn't hear from him for a couple weeks so I asked him again when it would be done and he tells me the 5th of May, that he is a one man team and he has stuff coming up so he doesn't want it after the 5th... really? So not only am I not happy that it wasn't finished when promised, but he pushed it back to the 5th, and now he asks for more $1,500 more.

I told him I'd think about it, but I'm not paying him any more for a late finished job. If he thought he was going to need more he should have asked me a long time ago and not on the day it was SUPPOSED to be finished. Its not like he hasn't had 4 months!

...and I still cant get my bike keys til tomorrow
Do everything suggested by the other respondents! This is shocking!! You should- must- report it to the better business bureau in your area.

Old 04-29-2012 | 05:21 PM
Should also report it to your base. There's usually some kind of support center / community service type folks that will put the word out about shady businesses. Assuming you're active duty and living in a military community that kind of thing can destroy a business quick like.

And +1 on the better business bureau.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 4 months and the car still isnt done (vent)