The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Leak on my foot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Leak on my foot

I've seen a couple people with this same problem on the site, but no resolution really. Could you guys help me out and give me some ideas of where my car might be leaking from? It's been raining like hell here in Fl for a couple weeks now. I'm getting a drip on my left foot in front of the deal pedal. It's making my floormat damp. I'm sure this is going to cause some problems so I want to fix it asap. I've checked the sunroof drains, they are flowing fine. People have said check the grommets in the firewall for leaks. I looked, only its hard to tell where it could be coming from. I've also heard people say windshield seals. I havent had the windshield replaced, and the seals seem to be fine. Also, I have not had any car audio installed, so the problem has to be coming from some stock part. The water drips down from the parking break pedal, just dont know how its getting there. The insulation above it is also wet, but there's not much room to get my hands in there and be able to see whats going on. Anyone with suggestions?

Old 08-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
I had this happen to me not to long ago. I would say check those sun roof drains again. Mine was leaking from there down my A piller and then through the dash and then it would drip out. There are 4 hoses. Maybe the one that is in your a pillar is broken. Pull it out just to double check it. if you have subs or anything like that check your firewall again. It obviously has to be getting in from somewhere. There are only a few spots in where it could be coming in.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
I read the thread title and thought this was a fetish thread. LOL

The following 2 users liked this post by SxExCx:
Frankieg35 (08-23-2012), tylerxfire (08-21-2012)
Old 08-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
I had the same leak at the same spot.. I have a system and my power wires come through my firewall there.. My floor was wet under the mat.. I pulled the carpet back from under the firewall and poured a bottle of water on my windshield and it was leaking at the grommets.. I put silicone all over the grommets and it stopped the leak.. Hope this helps..

Old 08-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by SxExCx
I read the thread title and thought this was a fetish thread. LOL
LMAO. Well i DID post it in "the G spot"

Old 08-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
I had the same leak at the same spot.. I have a system and my power wires come through my firewall there.. My floor was wet under the mat.. I pulled the carpet back from under the firewall and poured a bottle of water on my windshield and it was leaking at the grommets.. I put silicone all over the grommets and it stopped the leak.. Hope this helps..
Thanks Frankie,

It's still raining all the time here. Once everything dries up I will try that.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by guitarrocker98
I had this happen to me not to long ago. I would say check those sun roof drains again. Mine was leaking from there down my A piller and then through the dash and then it would drip out. There are 4 hoses. Maybe the one that is in your a pillar is broken. Pull it out just to double check it. if you have subs or anything like that check your firewall again. It obviously has to be getting in from somewhere. There are only a few spots in where it could be coming in.
Ok, What I did was open the sunroof and pour a bottle of water in the track area where the two drain holes are(one on the left and one on the right). I say the were "fine" Becuase the water immediately flowed out of them underneath the car in both spots. When you say it was leaking from the sunroof drain down the A-pillar, what do you mean exactly? I'm not familiar with where those drains run, but I assumed since the water drained right out that there was no issue with that. Also, you said 4 hoses.. but I only see 2 holes in the sunroof track. Thanks for your help...

Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 PM
There are 2 hoses on the front of the track and 2 on the rear. like the 4 corners. The A pillar refers to the piece of interior that runs along your windshield. One of the tubes goes into that area and drains out the bottom of the car. But if you checked both and they are working fine, then I would check the firewall area again. I thoguht my leak came from there first, and found a hole up there and put silicone on it.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Gotcha. I ran the water in the 2 front holes in the sunroof track. I didn't even notice the ones in the rear. I will test those tomorrow. Just so I'm understanding correctly, if one of thos is clogged or blocked, water could drain down and eventually end up on the parking break dripping down on the floorboard?

Old 08-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Ya mine hose was broken on the drivers side, so it was runing down the A piller (front windshield area) then on my foot.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:43 PM
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7070/56383889.jpg

it was leaking on my floorboard again today. The rain stopped for a while so i filled cups of water pouring them in different places trying to replicate the leak. Finally I went some place with a pressure washer. I sprayed down the windshield, all into the hood opening(hood closed), directly onto the sunroof. The drip didnt show up until about 10 minutes later(I had already left). BUT, as you can see in the picture something is leaking into the headliner. I am now leaning towards the leak coming from the sunroof drains. Next question would be how the eff do I get to this to see what the problem is?? Another question, around the sunroof, there is a rubberized seal. That seal has hairline cracks all the way around it. Normal wear for Florida sun I'm sure. Assuming the water is getting in through these tiny cracks, the drains should then work properly and drain the water out correct? When it was dry out, Like I said, the water that was poured directly into the two front sunroof drains immediately drained out onto the pavment below the car. I'm getting frustrated

Old 08-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Anyone have an idea where the water could be coming in from based on the picture above? Also, How would I take that panel off to see whats going on in there? Its the strip that connects down from the roof to the dash on the drivers side. Trying to get this leak solved, thanks

Old 05-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have this problem too. Took it to a dealer and was told it was a plugged roof drain. They tried to blow it clear but could not. They would need to replace the drain line. Cost of part $35.00. Cost of labor to repair: $725.00. Can't believe that!!! Anyone have another solution? How difficult is it to repair this? Is there another way to clear the drain line? Thanks's for any help I can get...

Old 05-24-2014, 11:49 PM
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
JAX20"G, You may have to remove the A pillar molding and pull down the headliner to see if the drain tube for the sun roof has been disconnected from the drain. Water will drain through the drain hole in the sun roof, but instead of going through the tube, it's draining into the a pillar and the headliner.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same exact problem here. I will take apart the pillar this weekend and post photos. Any update JAX20G? Still having the issue or did you fix it? Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leak on my foot