The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Auto headlights won't turn off after Remote Start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2013 | 07:49 PM
|
Auto headlights won't turn off after Remote Start

I got a G37X and I installed a remote start for the harsh winters and I love it. I'm having a slight problem with the auto headlights though. If I remote start the car then decide to turn it back off via remote, the headlights won't turn off with the car (I checked over 50 minutes later). I would have to go and open and close my door manually for the headlights to shut off. Very inconvenient in situations where I am far away from the car and remote started the car but then something comes up.
Is there anyway for me to set it up so that the headlights turn off right away when the ignition turns off other than turning off the auto headlight feature? It's a nice feature and I would like to continue to have it control the headlights.

Thanks for any help or info on this!

Old 01-27-2013 | 04:59 AM
did u install them urself or at the dealer or some shop? i would take it back to wherever u got it installed and be like wtf

Old 02-04-2013 | 11:22 AM
Yeah, Mine doesn't either. The installer told me it's because the sensor that controls that is waiting for the door to close after the car is turned off.... Something like that. I haven't tried turning the remote start off (hitting the lock button) before closing the door yet. I'll try it tonight when I get off work.

Old 02-04-2013 | 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: Army
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by idkanymore
I got a G37X and I installed a remote start for the harsh winters and I love it. I'm having a slight problem with the auto headlights though. If I remote start the car then decide to turn it back off via remote, the headlights won't turn off with the car (I checked over 50 minutes later). I would have to go and open and close my door manually for the headlights to shut off. Very inconvenient in situations where I am far away from the car and remote started the car but then something comes up.
Is there anyway for me to set it up so that the headlights turn off right away when the ignition turns off other than turning off the auto headlight feature? It's a nice feature and I would like to continue to have it control the headlights.

Thanks for any help or info on this!
Why do you need the auto headlight option?

Just turn it off & turn the headlights on when needed?

Telcoman

Old 02-23-2013 | 10:13 AM
Same here. Auto headlights wont go off until the door is opened and closed.

Solution....don't use auto headlights in the winter when you know you'll be remote starting the car.

Old 02-25-2013 | 10:57 AM
G35
Good luck getting that fixed. Seems to be a problem on all imports. I never had an issue with any GM car I had before.

However wife's 06 G sedan have that problem. My brothers 2013 JX35 same issue. My sisters 2013 Toyota seinna & her husband's 2012 highlander as well.

Please PM me if you ever find a fix.

Originally Posted by telcoman
Why do you need the auto headlight option?

Just turn it off & turn the headlights on when needed?

Telcoman
Why? Maybe cause it's MUCH more convenient to humanity?
99.9% of people want their headlights off in the daytime and on at night time.