G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

why no build thread forum??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarrocker98
Also Joker there is another Sedan to Coupe front end being done. There is also a G37 to G35 front end being done.
coupe or sedan with the 37?

Old 11-21-2014, 05:02 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Also Joker there is another Sedan to Coupe front end being done. There is also a G37 to G35 front end being done.
do they have threads? Let's see!

Old 11-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
I agree. I dip my whole car cause I just dont know what color I like haha....

As far as building and modding. Yea those who have higher paying jobs are more into other vehicles as of now... BUT I could have bought one of those vehicles... I was eyeing IS-F's and Audi's... Why did I grab a G35??? Endless mod options. There are so many parts available... ALSO its a extremely EASY car to work on. If I blow the motor, I can build a new one that could handle 6-700 hp for around 5-8k... In my eyes its a winner. Obviously you can drop in a crate motor thats a race engine and easily rack up 20-30k.
You are rare.

There are always posts about guys trying to get into a G35 with a $5K budget, who can't afford to do much after buying the car. That's when you see the build threads featuring painted OEM rims, dipped grills, cheap LED swaps and maybe a set of springs, and tons of posts complaining about how expensive parts are to replace on these cars.

WHen was the last time you saw a pic of a VQ engine pulled apart with aftermarket goodies going into it? Installing a set of camshafts? A final drive gear swap? Even detailed pics of an LSx swap?

There are a few reasons why those are rare these days

#1.) The demographics of people buying $5-10K cars doesn't usually have the expendable income to drop an additional $5-10K into serious mods. (beyond rims, lowering, tint and LED's)

#2) The people who do have that sort of money sold their G35's and are in G37's or other cars now.

#3) Most people who buy $30-35+K cars tend to be older folk who don't heavily mod them to preserve warranties and such. They may also have a different project car they modify as they can usually afford more than 1 car.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:30 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
I personally have a heavy build going on. But I have PLASTI dipped my car. Sorry guys I'm a failure.
Paint that **** already!!!
I remember you said the dip was temporary or are you keeping it on there?