The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Project X Full Engine Bay Cleanup/Paint/Wire Tuck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Project X Full Engine Bay Cleanup/Paint/Wire Tuck

I'm titling my project "Project X" top part of the car (03.5 G35 Sport Sedan) needs a TB and Valve Cover Gaskets. So since I'm gonna have the Air Intake, Intake, TB, Valve Covers off the car and I won't be working the next few days its time for a Engine Bay Cleanup.

1. Paint Valve Covers - Either a chrome, silver or blue color, not sure.
2. Main Harness Wire Tuck
3. Driver and Passenger Wire Tuck including Alternator B+ Wire
4. Paint upper Intake Plenum either silver, black or a chromish metallic.
5. Remove all the ugly brackets that I can.
6. Relocate EVAP Solenoid to rear out of eye site
7. Stealth 7-9 wire grounding kit. (Had a 7 wire already but I absolutely hated how all those wires everywhere looked and removed it. At idle it was putting out 14.4 with the grounding kit so it did its job.
8. Factory paint inside engine bay polished and waxed
9. Timing Cover will be painted silver/gray or black (I love how black looks but I don't want all black engine, it hides what you've done.) The bolts on timing cover will be opposite of the timing chain. So if I paint the chain silver, the bolts will be black.

The theme here is contrast in the right places, clean and slick but tasteful. I'm not into the full out chrome everything look. At the same time colors that flow together Silver to gray to metallic to black.

The above is what I plan to accomplish tomorrow and the next day depending on how early I get up.

By the weekend I plan to have some hose sleeves and clamp covers for most of the exposed hoses and vacuum lines. I won't be replacing any of the hoses. I'm looking for dark gray to black to carbon color type sleeving that is split, not sure of the name of this type.

I found a good source for grommet covers that will feel these holes. They have a factory look. Some have rubber inside and some are abs plastic covers to go over the holes I will leave exposed. Some of these wire tucks look great but the part on the drivers and passenger sides and holes everywhere is just unappealing lol.

The numbered list above again is what I'm starting on early AM. I'm looking forward to it. The idea of how a lot of labor and patience can transform something into something more gives me a sense of accomplishment. I bought this car 6-7 weeks ago for 5K as a nice project car. Its basically a well kept high mileage car, the business man traveler car and I'm gonna just make it a simple, fun, not to big on money project daily driver. Pics below are of the engine a few days ago. I will update with pics tomorrow night from beginning to end. If anyone has any other ideas for me while I'm on the top end let me know.

Josh

Attached Thumbnails Project X Full Engine Bay Cleanup/Paint/Wire Tuck-pre-engine1.jpg   Project X Full Engine Bay Cleanup/Paint/Wire Tuck-pre-engine2.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.