The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Need advice on Seatbelt/Airbag resets after crash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice on Seatbelt/Airbag resets after crash

Ok guys I need to figure out exactly how to fix the seatbelt/airbag system after a wreck. So let me summarize. I bought an '03 G35 coupe that had been hit in the front end. It was hit slightly harder on the passenger side and so only the passenger airbag blew and that seatbelt locked. I repaired all the damage, replaced the dash and passenger side airbag. I believe that I'll have to send out my airbag control module to be reset and also get the seatbelt mechanism rebuilt. Does anyone know for sure if both seatbelts need to go for service? The drivers side bag didn't blow and that seatbelt seems to work normally. Also are there independent impact sensors for the left/right sides on the front end? I searched images and I know I have one sensor that sits directly beneath the hood latch of the car. Seems like there would have to be more than one though since it only blew one airbag? Next question is do these sensors have to be replaced after a wreck if there's no physical damage to them? Any help is appreciated. I've googled and searched but it seems there's not a lot of info out there for these issues.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
When I get the light every once in the while I do the reset.

Turn the ignition to the on but not run position.

After 5 seconds, turn it off.

Repeat 5 times.

Turn the car on (start) and have your seatbelt on. If the light goes off you have reset the airbag warning system.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:37 AM
That reset doesn't work after an actual crash. The airbag module has to be reset or replaced and the seatbelts rebuilt or replaced.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Okay, sorry I couldn't help!

Old 03-22-2017, 09:58 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
We had 05 350z that was in an accident. The curtain and seat airbags went off on the LHS.
The airbag module needs to be sent off to reset by someone with the appropriate software.
Only those two airbags went off, no front ones or any from the RHS. Maybe a sensor under the fenders?

Old 03-22-2017, 10:00 PM
I shipped off my passenger side seat belt and the airbag module today to Safety Restore. From what I was told you don't have to replace the sensors anyhow unless they were physically damaged in the wreck which mine were not. This company has a 24hr turn around so hopefully things will be fixed soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.