The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Need advice. G35x won't start and no brakes!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes Need advice. G35x won't start and no brakes!!

2008 Infinit G35x w/ roughly 78k miles.

Here's what happened....

Pulled into parking spot, put into park, heard a clunking noise, put in reverse and started to back out but noticed I had no brakes so I threw the E brake on. Put into park again and shut the car off. Tried to start the car and all the lights on the dash that normally come on turn on but that's it. Same behavior that you would see when you push the start button without the break pushed down. When the lights turn off I get one that remains on - the yellow key light. I do have the key in the charging port in the car though. I can move the shifter when the car is "on" but it feels loose to me.

Any ideas what may have happened here?

Old 04-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Weird... load test battery this car goes crazy when the batteries get old.

Old 04-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can double check the battery but I disconnected it for a couple minutes and reconnected with no luck. Its relatively new I believe I changed it less than 2 years ago.

I think I may have mis diagnosed though. It appears my brakes are working. I'm thinking maybe the gear shift cable may have came loose... Possibly stuck in neutral right now? Its not really in park so it won't start... that's the best my little mind can come up with.

I need to find that where that is now.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Derrick Garceau
2008 Infinit G35x w/ roughly 78k miles.

Here's what happened....

Pulled into parking spot, put into park, heard a clunking noise, put in reverse and started to back out but noticed I had no brakes so I threw the E brake on. Put into park again and shut the car off. Tried to start the car and all the lights on the dash that normally come on turn on but that's it. Same behavior that you would see when you push the start button without the break pushed down. When the lights turn off I get one that remains on - the yellow key light. I do have the key in the charging port in the car though. I can move the shifter when the car is "on" but it feels loose to me.

Any ideas what may have happened here?
Most likely the battery? Even a two year old battery can fail or have a dead cell?

Did you try jumper cables with another vehicle?

Call AAA! They can test your battery and install a new one for you.

Telcoman

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.