The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Lower control arms replaced

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lower control arms replaced

So i finally got around to replacing my lower control arms last night. I have brand new tires sitting in my basement ready to be put on and an alignment done. Well i called the guy that is going to powdercoat my wheels and he won't be back in town for a couple weeks.

My question is. Now that the LCAs are replaced the steering seems like it's way too easy to turn and the wheels don't turn back straight out of a turn. I would really like to not park it for the next 3 weeks to wait on my wheels to be powdercoated so could anyone point me as to what part of my alignment is causing this problem that i could possibly adjust? I figured it should be close since i replaced the LCAs with the exact same thing.

Other options besides parking it-

Get an alignment right now with the old tires on, don't really think it's a good idea.

Put the tires on and get an alignment and then pay to get the tires pulled back of for powdercoating, which i really don't want to do.

Find another place to powdercoat but the guy is charging me $40ea so i don't really want to do that either.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:32 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Just get an alignment now. Shouldn't change at all when the new tires are installed.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Just get an alignment now. Shouldn't change at all when the new tires are installed.

​​​​​​Yeah that probably is the best idea. I guess it shouldn't really matter with the tires.

I'm looking at the Tein street basis z coilovers while I'm at it. The car has 145k and I replaced the rear struts at 100k so it's probably time. For $500 they seem like a good option from the reviews I've read so far.

TEIN Street Basis Z Coilovers Infiniti G3

Old 04-08-2017, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Get an alignment now... some shops charge like $200 for lifetime alignments. Pretty neat stuff.

Old 04-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Yeah a lifetime alignment (or even a 6 month) once they don't mind the change of wheels.
Or just wait till you have the new wheels on. 3 weeks on an altered alignment - from changing the LCA - won't do much wear that you'd worry about on the old tires.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.