The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

G37 Sport Question

Old 07-22-2017, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Sport Question

I'm looking to get a used G37 sedan, I drove somebody else's SPORT trim before and it was awesome.
However, I test drove a Journey and it was pretty bland.

I'm really looking for sport sedan, which the SPORT trim feel had.
Problem is, they look really hard to find.
So my question, do you need to get the SPORT trim in RWD in order to have that feel; OR do other trims drive that way?
Thanks.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:35 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The "feel" you're talking about is shocks and tires on the sport package, it's possible you drove one that had the active steering package (option available only on sport models) which included EVEN STIFFER shocks, a planetary adjusting steering ratio, and rear active steering.

If you still have access to that other vehicle put the key in the ON position and during the dashboard lamp check look for RAS on the instrument cluster, that will tell you if it has the rear active steering package or not.

You can replace the shocks and rim/tires on any journey or base model to achieve the same feel.

It's almost the season when people offload their summer sport cars, in another month or two the market will be flooded with them as folks trade in for winter awd vehicles, all 6MT sedans and coupes have the sport package so if you like shifting manually (who doesn't?) you will automatically have the sport package.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I guess then the answer is yes, I have to get the G37 'Sport' Trim, that the base, journey, and all others will drive more like a regular sedan (Lexus ES).
In order to get that sport sedan feel, you need the 'Sport' Trim?

When I drove a Journey, it felt just like a Toyota, was not impressed.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.