The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Wiring harness compatibility

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring harness compatibility

Hello, I recently purchased a 08 G35 without the tech package. I also have an 08 G35 with the tech package that it is a parts car. My question is: can I install the adaptive headlights and the hardware for the adaptive cruise control on my non-tech G35? Or are the wiring harnesses different? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Old 08-13-2017, 12:10 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Not 100% sure but the wiring harnesses are USUALLY exactly the same for an entire vehicle lineup with the same chassis. Unused connectors are typically taped back against the harness with ***-wrap (probably the same for the communications line CAN system). My biggest concern would be the communications controllers might be different between the two packages.

The intelligent cruise control system is tied to the ABS, TCM, ECM, CAN, and BCM. I have no idea if those are differing part numbers specific for the ICC or not but it looks like a pretty massive parts swap that may require dealership reprogramming of a few components like the BCM.

It's definitely possible to do these upgrades but it can be a HECK OF A LOT OF WORK.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.