The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Having trouble putting regulator back into

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 01:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Having trouble putting regulator back into

EDIT: Dangit, not sure what happened with the title, too long? Should be "Having trouble putting window regulator back into door panel".

G35 '03 Coupe.

Trying to replace my window motor and regulator. Connected the new parts fine but can't seem to position the regulator correctly, the window fidgets around and every time I try and place the metal panel back on the door, the holes just don't line up, I can only ever get one bolt in. I tried it with the window up, with the window down. It seems like the brackets or whatever don't stay in place they just kind of sit in there free floating without any fixture in the door housing.

Please see this vid for explanation:

I've tried to mimic the regulator positions I'm seeing here:
but I just can't get it.

Is there any indicator in the door housing of where it should be positioned, and how can I get it to not fidget and move once I screw in the motor? Because one of the motor is connected to the panel I have 10 times less slack on the panel and making adjustments is difficult.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:20 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yes it's a pita to get in, and the slack is actually the adjustment range you have for when everything is installed and you're mechanically adjusting the window to the door frame seal (next step). Check out the factory service manual, I just followed the steps in it and while it was difficult it definitely was doable for just 1 person.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:24 PM
I finally got it, but yeah I noticed on the front side when fully up and closed it sits about 1/8 inch under the top of where it should be (compared with drivers side). I try just man handling adjusting it so its fully closed, but when I open and close again, it ends up down the 1/8 inch again.

How do I go about adjusting that?

Old 08-22-2017, 05:40 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I think there were 3 adjustment points (some of the screws that hold it to the door frame), I followed the FSM as well as the "dollar bill trick". Make an adjustment, pinch a dollar bill between the glass and the door seal, try to pull it out, it should have resistance but not tear the dollar, keep going back and forth on both sides of the window (front and back of the top edge) until it's the same resistance on both sides. When you're done do the window motor calibration and you're done.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:04 PM
Well I got it best I could, still a bit lower, but no water leaks in when sprayed with a hose so I guess it's fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.