G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Clutch engagement point question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch engagement point question

Hello Forum, just a quick question right here
I browsed through forum and didnt find a direct answer about that.

Does the high engagement point counts from the floor- up, right?
Does it mean that with higher point your pedal has less "free play" (when pedal is easy to press and it doesnt do anything), so if you lower the engagement point- than you have more free play?..

Im asking this cause my shifts from 1st to second are harsh most of the time, they are like "heavy" - most of the time its not smooth and it feels like you downshift without revmatch and drop pedal (shake of the car)

So do you think by adjusting the clutch pedal and making engagement point lower, thus making free play bigger, will solve the issue, because in this case it will grab quicker when i shift and depress the pedal.?

Also will it make shifts slower, because i would have to press pedal way further down before it will actually start doing something?

Thanks!!!
Andrey

Old 09-28-2017, 09:16 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Best advice I can give.

Set the pedal at the factory spec according to the FSM, the clevis pin should be floating freely in the clutch pedal.

Adapt your driving style to suite the vehicle, not vice-versa.

Your clutch might simply be out of spec and causing a timing issue with your foot, sometimes the brain gets out of spec too which also causes a timing issue with the foot

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.